+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused plz help

mailbus

Dec 22, 2022
You can try but you don’t meet the eligibility requirements for PGWP. You must be full time except for last semester. Make sure you have status if in Canada and not working.
Taking 1 class in spring/summer semester will it affect pgwp ?

Bangoga

Nov 28, 2022
The goal of this whole thing is you need to be full time only till the last semester when you can be part-time, they may make special reconsiderations if lets say you failed a course and had to retake it as another semseter, but you would have to show that this is the only course you needed, it was a requirement, you failed the course and met all the requirements from before. Given all that, it also helps to show that you spent that last extra semester only studying making sure you pass that last course you needed.

There is no guarantee, but it is worth a try.

Deens

Aug 22, 2020
You had to maintain full-time status during each academic session, which you didn’t do. So you are not eligible for a PGWP. The school doesn’t have an obligation to say anything as it is up to you know whether you are eligible. The school can’t approve leave now because your program is long over. All you can do is ask for reconsideration explaining why.
I failed a subject in fall semester(I was considered a full time student during that time) but I took the failed subject during my co-op term. That is not a regular academic session right? and will not be a problem in my PGWP application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I failed a subject in fall semester(I was considered a full time student during that time) but I took the failed subject during my co-op term. That is not a regular academic session right? and will not be a problem in my PGWP application?
You will not know until you apply but if you were full-time then should be okay.

Molly kim

May 4, 2023
Hi! I am an international student in canada in a 2yr program. I started last Fall 2022 (1st semester) and i even got into the honor’s list. However, due to circumstances, I failed this (second semester) Winter 2023. The subjects that I failed are not available until next year (second semester) Winter 2024. I would need to wait for 9 months to be able to take these courses again. I cannot proceed to Third semester because the courses that i failed are prerequisite for my next semester. My question is,

1. Do i need to inform ircc about this or when i apply for my extension i can just explain it through the letter (purpose of study or client information).

2. Since the subjects that i failed are not available until next year, can i work during those 9 months?

3. Or can I even travel or go back to my country for awhile to unwind without having problems with my papers?

4. Will my status as a student permit holder be invalid?

5 What would be my status during my 9 months of wait?

please help me

Molly kim

May 4, 2023
You can try but you don’t meet the eligibility requirements for PGWP. You must be full time except for last semester. Make sure you have status if in Canada and not working.

Hi! I am an international student in canada in a 2yr program. I started last Fall 2022 (1st semester) and i even got into the honor’s list. However, due to circumstances, I failed this (second semester) Winter 2023. The subjects that I failed are not available until next year (second semester) Winter 2024. I would need to wait for 9 months to be able to take these courses again. I cannot proceed to Third semester because the courses that i failed are prerequisite for my next semester. My question is,

1. Do i need to inform ircc about this or when i apply for my extension i can just explain it through the letter (purpose of study or client information).

2. Since the subjects that i failed are not available until next year, can i work during those 9 months?

3. Or can I even travel or go back to my country for awhile to unwind without having problems with my papers?

please help me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

please help me
1. No need to inform IRCC but you need to try and remain full-time. Failing is not a reason for not remaining full-time. Your plan would not allow you to qualify for PGWP

2. No

3. Yes you can travel home but you must remaining full-time to qualify for PGWP. Would suggest you speak to your international student coordinator at your school. Have you been put on academic probation or can you attend classes?

4. Your school should still have you registered as a student but would confirm with them