+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP refused plz help

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
Is there anyway that I can retry to apply PGWP after refusal? I went to community college in BC and applied march 2021. I got the refusal letter on September 2022 due the part time semester. I failed the two courses so I have to take it again for graduate . From my school they don’t provide every courses for each semester so I took the first course and passed and wait until another course opened. It took me almost 3–4months to took the last course in semester. Basically I took two courses in one semester but there was a gap between in semester. If I provided the explanation letter about the semester gap is there any possibility to get pgwp?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there anyway that I can retry to apply PGWP after refusal? I went to community college in BC and applied march 2021. I got the refusal letter on September 2022 due the part time semester. I failed the two courses so I have to take it again for graduate . From my school they don’t provide every courses for each semester so I took the first course and passed and wait until another course opened. It took me almost 3–4months to took the last course in semester. Basically I took two courses in one semester but there was a gap between in semester. If I provided the explanation letter about the semester gap is there any possibility to get pgwp?
You can try but you don’t meet the eligibility requirements for PGWP. You must be full time except for last semester. Make sure you have status if in Canada and not working.

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
You can try but you don’t meet the eligibility requirements for PGWP. You must be full time except for last semester. Make sure you have status if in Canada and not working.
Thanks for replying. I took the 2courses only in last semester. The only thing they refused because the gap between two courses in semester.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for replying. I took the 2courses only in last semester. The only thing they refused because the gap between two courses in semester.
How long was the gap? Did you have approved leave from the school? If so, include the approved leave. What did you during the gap?

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
I just worked in part time job and nothing else. When I chose the part time semester school didnt say anything. If it was approved leave is there any chance when I apply reconsideration and get approve for pgwp?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just worked in part time job and nothing else. When I chose the part time semester school didnt say anything. If it was approved leave is there any chance when I apply reconsideration and get approve for pgwp?
You had to maintain full-time status during each academic session, which you didn’t do. So you are not eligible for a PGWP. The school doesn’t have an obligation to say anything as it is up to you know whether you are eligible. The school can’t approve leave now because your program is long over. All you can do is ask for reconsideration explaining why.

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
You had to maintain full-time status during each academic session, which you didn’t do. So you are not eligible for a PGWP. The school doesn’t have an obligation to say anything as it is up to you know whether you are eligible. The school can’t approve leave now because your program is long over. All you can do is ask for reconsideration explaining why.
But isn’t it last semester is exception for the part time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But isn’t it last semester is exception for the part time?
The issue is not the last semester. You took a whole semester off that was not scheduled without approved leave, correct? It doesn’t matter that the school didn’t offer the courses, you need to maintain full time status.

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
The issue is not the last semester. You took a whole semester off that was not scheduled without approved leave, correct? It doesn’t matter that the school didn’t offer the courses, you need to maintain full time status.
Oh nooo.. I took full 2 years semesters but I failed two courses in last semester of graduated. So basically I took full semester except last semester after I failed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh nooo.. I took full 2 years semesters but I failed two courses in last semester of graduated. So basically I took full semester except last semester after I failed
So now you are full time except for last semester. How can you fail two courses in the last semester and still graduate? Wouldn’t you have to take another semester? As you said above:

From my school they don’t provide every courses for each semester so I took the first course and passed and wait until another course opened. It took me almost 3–4months to took the last course in semester.

What does your transcript say? Assume it says full time for every semester with no breaks (except scheduled). Your PGWP has been refused already, correct?

What are you doing now and what is your status? Something doesn’t add up given you graduated in March 2021 and only received refusal in September 2022.

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
I failed two courses because I couldn’t make the training on time. Thats why I failed the courses. Only two courses that I needed to take it for graduated. I asked CIC few times they replied that they had to work with other refugees first so it took longer than expect. Now, I am thinking go back home or try reconsideration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I failed two courses because I couldn’t make the training on time. Thats why I failed the courses. Only two courses that I needed to take it for graduated. I asked CIC few times they replied that they had to work with other refugees first so it took longer than expect. Now, I am thinking go back home or try reconsideration.
You can file for reconsideration with new information proving you were never part-time except last semester. Assume your transcript shows that.

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
You can file for reconsideration with new information proving you were never part-time except last semester. Assume your transcript shows that.
Sorry to bother you. Do I need to have valid study permit to reconsideration for pgwp? Because mine expired last year..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry to bother you. Do I need to have valid study permit to reconsideration for pgwp? Because mine expired last year..
Are you in Canada now? What is your status if in Canada? You would not be able to restore a study permit because it has been so long.