+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused because one semester was Part-Time. What should I do? HELP!

Ak07

Nov 24, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I started my 2-year Diploma at NAIT in 2019 and I completed my study in May 2022.

During my study, in the Winter of 2021. I failed a pre-requisite course in which I enrolled again in Fall 2021 and Completed my 4th Semester after that in Winter 2022.
I was dumb not to study the rules needed to get PGWP that "the only semester I can take part-time is last semester".
But I have kept my studies continuous with no gap and didn't work during my part-time semester in Fall 2021. But since in the fall 2021 semester, I was taking just one-course worth 4.5 credits which was required to take the Winter 2022 semester. My visa was rejected. After reading a lot of cases in this form, I have a little hope that I have followed almost all the rules like not working part-time and having no gap so I am considering trying for a reconsideration letter since my Visa just got rejected on 20th November. I emailed my college that the reason I took that only course in Fall 2021 is that I already met all the credit requirements to complete my diploma and also my financial condition was not so strong since I was jobless and I didn't think of taking more expensive optional courses because of that. I want them to send me something that can help me with my reconsideration letter but seems like they don't want to help me with that and what to earn more money by offering me to study again.

Finally, I am here to get advice from my fellows who have similar experiences and what they did or what they want to advise me to do if you were in the same case as me.
Should I talk to an immigration consultant?
Should I call IRCC?
How should I write a reconsideration letter? Can you send me an example of the letter if you have a similar case to mine?