+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused and CIC told to leave Canada: Urgent, Please help.

Nlehal

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Hello All,

Very urgent inquiry as my brother’s PGWP was refused.

1. 30 April 2023: Study permit/Visa EXPIRED on April, 2023. (Forgot to apply for restoration)
2. 19 JUNE 2023: Applied for PGWP which was refused (Reason: Status in Canada was expired)
3. 19 JULY 2023: Applied for restoration and PGWP
4. 9 SEP2023: PGWP and restoration refused and the reason “Part time studies as 4 semesters were part time due to unavailability of course and required pre-requisites for registering second year’s courses.

CIC ordered to leave Canada as soon as possible or else they will take action.

1. Can someone please tell what could be done?
2. Can we apply for re-consideration?
3. Can we apply for Visitor visa or study visa ?
4. Have to leave Canada?
5. Can I apply for LMIA or Refugee?

Please and thank you.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello All,

1. 30 April 2023: Study permit/Visa EXPIRED on April, 2023. (Forgot to apply for restoration)
2. 19 JUNE 2023: Applied for PGWP which was refused (Reason: Status in Canada was expired)
4. 9 SEP2023: PGWP and restoration refused and the reason “Part time studies as 4 semesters were part time due to unavailability of course and required pre-requisites for registering second year’s courses.

4. Have to leave Canada?

Please and thank you.
Get a lawyer

Reactions: Nlehal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

4. Have to leave Canada?

Please and thank you.
If you have 4 part time semesters then you were correctly refused and this will likely be difficult to overcome. I agree with the recommendation to hire a lawyer. You only have a few days remaining to submit another restoration application if you want to try reapplying for the PGWP. You can also request reconsideration but your case is weak with 4 part time semesters so hard to say if this has any chance of working.

You cannot apply for an LMIA, only an employer can do this. Regardless, you would still need to restore your status and as said earlier, you are short on time.

Refugee is only a good idea if you have a strong case and evidence to support it. Otherwise this is a bad idea.

Applying for a visitor record or study permit both require you to restore your status.

Get a lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

4. Have to leave Canada?

Please and thank you.
Correcting my post above... It looks like you lost status in April. So that would mean it's too late to apply for restoration again. You can request reconsideration. However if reconsideration is refused, then you would need to leave Canada. Restoring your status to a study permit, work permit, or visitor status in Canada is no longer be possible.

Again, you should only go the refugee route if you have a strong claim backed by evidence and meet other requirements like IFA. Otherwise I refugee claim will create even more problems than it solves.

Reactions: Nlehal