+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

prajzkumar0489@

Nov 8, 2023
Hello,
my name is Raj . I completed my Graduation in 5 years from Acsenda School of Management. In Acsenda, there are 4 official terms. I came here in Term 4, the year 2017. I pursued my education till term 1, the year 2018, and thereafter I took one official Break from school which is during Term 2 2018. In term 3 2018, I withdraw the courses from Acsenda and Moved to BCIT. I studied at BCIT for a few weeks and Got information about my father's illness. Therefore, I have to fly back to my home country to take care of my dad (29th September 2018- 10th December 2018), after landing back in Vancouver in December 2018, I decided to look for courses (Term 1- 2019) to get enroll into BCIT, but unfortunately, I looked into the BCIT website and most of the courses were full. In March 2019, I again went back to my home and came back in April 2019 (7th march 2019 to 29th march 2019). I get enrolled back in Acsendain term-3 2019 (full-time), term-4 2019 (full-time), term-1 2020 (full-time), term-2 2020 (on official break), term-3 2020 (full-time), term-4 2020 (full-time), term-1 2021 (full time), term-2 2021 (full time), term-3 2021 (full time), term-4 2021 (official break), term-1 2022 (full time), term-2 2022 (full time), term-3 2022 (full time), term-4 2022 (full time).

To summarize, From Sept 2017 to December 2022, I took 3 official breaks from school, and didn't able to study for almost one year, which includes trips to India too and frow.

So after graduating, I got refusal on my PGWP stating that I am not able to maintain my full time studies, also find I also forgot to mention my official drop letters from the school- the time period I took off from the school. As I am very worried about the future. I also hired the consultant and he applied my reconsideration and restoration with all of my proofs including my dads surgery bills, my flight tickets, doctors note and my uncles communication with the school. Its already being 5 months and no response from Canadian Immigration- just shows in progress. I am in very stress at the moment living with no status no work nothing, can anyone guide me what to do, i am also having financial challenges as my family already lost most of the things to treat my dads oral cancer. Please suggest me and guide me what to do?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I remember I had a similar situation is 2016 but it was one term. And was rejected. But my university provided me something called CIP (Continue In Program) status and I got new set of document which proved that I was part of the program.

Your case is quite complicated, you can obviously wait for your decision. But its very tricky depends on how your lawyer have written the case to them.

"A PGWP can take anywhere from 80 to 180 days to process. While waiting for your PGWP, you are free to work in Canada provided you applied prior to the expiry date of your student permit. You have 180 days to apply for your PGWP from the date you completed all the requirements of your program of study."

The above allows you to work. Meanwhile I would suggest that you apply for study permit with some college for one year course assuming you can afford it. You can already start working part time with study permit. You can use that to apply for work permit after and also with these two diplomas and some work experience you can try provincial immigration or express entry whatever favours. Take care

prajzkumar0489@

Nov 8, 2023
I remember I had a similar situation is 2016 but it was one term. And was rejected. But my university provided me something called CIP (Continue In Program) status and I got new set of document which proved that I was part of the program.

Your case is quite complicated, you can obviously wait for your decision. But its very tricky depends on how your lawyer have written the case to them.

"A PGWP can take anywhere from 80 to 180 days to process. While waiting for your PGWP, you are free to work in Canada provided you applied prior to the expiry date of your student permit. You have 180 days to apply for your PGWP from the date you completed all the requirements of your program of study."

The above allows you to work. Meanwhile I would suggest that you apply for study permit with some college for one year course assuming you can afford it. You can already start working part time with study permit. You can use that to apply for work permit after and also with these two diplomas and some work experience you can try provincial immigration or express entry whatever favours. Take care
Thanks for considering it, but my study permit and everything is already expired in march of this month, so i dont think so i am allowed to work even my consultant said you are not allowed to work. Moreover, i see many people getting their PGWP even they are on breaks unofficially, many of them dont have any real evidence and still they get it. I have official break letters from the school and also inhave all evidences what happened to me during the time period i was not attending or into any school