+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

beatriz_b

Nov 27, 2021
On November 8th I received a refusal letter for my PGWP claiming I hadn't applied for an extension of temporary resident status before the expiry of the authorized period. However, I would like to explain that I did apply for the restoration of status through the webform, on the 13th of September, before the 90 days deadline, but separately from my PGWP application. My PGWP was submitted 5 days late (Expiry date: July 30th) due to a glitch on the website. I sent many messages on the webform page asking for help because I wasn't able to send my application but I did not receive a response in time and the instructions given to me (such as delete cookies or try accessing my account through other platforms) did not work. I would like to make it clear I had been trying to submit my PGWP application for weeks before the deadline in order not to lose my implied status. 2 weeks ago I sent another web form asking for reconsideration since I believe I did everything accordingly. I have spoken to an agent who sent an email back to the agent who refused my permit but I haven't heard back, except for an email a couple of weeks ago saying "We verified the information you provided regarding your reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

Question: Should I apply for my PGWP again or wait for them to reconsider my request I sent through the webforms *which they never seem to reply*? Also, is there somewhere I could go to speak to an agent in person? Like at Pearson or the Niagara border?

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
On November 8th I received a refusal letter for my PGWP claiming I hadn't applied for an extension of temporary resident status before the expiry of the authorized period. However, I would like to explain that I did apply for the restoration of status through the webform, on the 13th of September, before the 90 days deadline, but separately from my PGWP application. My PGWP was submitted 5 days late (Expiry date: July 30th) due to a glitch on the website. I sent many messages on the webform page asking for help because I wasn't able to send my application but I did not receive a response in time and the instructions given to me (such as delete cookies or try accessing my account through other platforms) did not work. I would like to make it clear I had been trying to submit my PGWP application for weeks before the deadline in order not to lose my implied status. 2 weeks ago I sent another web form asking for reconsideration since I believe I did everything accordingly. I have spoken to an agent who sent an email back to the agent who refused my permit but I haven't heard back, except for an email a couple of weeks ago saying "We verified the information you provided regarding your reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

Question: Should I apply for my PGWP again or wait for them to reconsider my request I sent through the webforms *which they never seem to reply*? Also, is there somewhere I could go to speak to an agent in person? Like at Pearson or the Niagara border?
Hello as I understood you did paid for the restoration but you did it after application for PGWP, however it seems they did not receive your payment. The problem is they don't usually receive the documents that you sent through webform, I don't know why, however, usually they are not attached to your application. You could do something, since your payment was in IRCC system, if you called and gave the receipt number to the agent, the agent could verify it for you and attach it to your application. That's how people did it. Otherwise, they were not going to recieve your payment.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
My suggestion is, call IRCC and ask the agent to attach your receipt to your application, it is very important , otherwise, they are not going to change their decision, unless they see the receipt that you actually paid for the restoration before the 90 days timeline. And going to border is not a good idea without valid study permit.

Victoria2244

Sep 5, 2021

Hi I have this same problem as well, I got a lawyer that sent an email explaining the timeline of events and asking for reconsideration to the processing office in Edmonton the same day I got the refusal letter. The following day, I got an email that my status has changed and was able to reattach the restoration receipt on my application portal. But I haven’t gotten any updates yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Sb2021

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hi I have this same problem as well, I got a lawyer that sent an email explaining the timeline of events and asking for reconsideration to the processing office in Edmonton the same day I got the refusal letter. The following day, I got an email that my status has changed and was able to reattach the restoration receipt on my application portal. But I haven’t gotten any updates yet
Hey, what was your previous Timeline? I mean when had you applied and when did you receive the refusal letter?

Victoria2244

Sep 5, 2021
Hey, what was your previous Timeline? I mean when had you applied and when did you receive the refusal letter?
I applied In August for my study permit expired 31st of July. Got a request for restoration payment ending of November (I sent it on my application portal the same day I got the request) even though I paid in September and sent an email through webform(I got no response) for the receipt to be added to my application . I got a response in December that my application was refused because my restoration receipt was never received by IRCC. I got a lawyer that helped send an email to the processing office in Edmonton

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
I applied In August for my study permit expired 31st of July. Got a request for restoration payment ending of November (I sent it on my application portal the same day I got the request) even though I paid in September and sent an email through webform(I got no response) for the receipt to be added to my application . I got a response in December that my application was refused because my restoration receipt was never received by IRCC. I got a lawyer that helped send an email to the processing office in Edmonton
My suggestion is call IRCC and make sure your restoration receipt is attached. They can clearly tell you about documents for your application. Even if it has not been attached yet, you can do it over the phone. They'll tell you the instructions how to do it.

Reactions: Victoria2244

Victoria2244

Sep 5, 2021
My suggestion is call IRCC and make sure your restoration receipt is attached. They can clearly tell you about documents for your application. Even if it has not been attached yet, you can do it over the phone. They'll tell you the instructions how to do it.
I haven’t been able to reach them. What time do you think it’s best to reach IRCC. I was also able to attach my receipt the day after I got the refusal because my lawyer sent an email to CIC. I was sent an email that my application status has changed which requested for me to send in the restoration receipt that was not received by IRCC. So now it shows on my portal that it has been uploaded successfully.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
I haven’t been able to reach them. What time do you think it’s best to reach IRCC. I was also able to attach my receipt the day after I got the refusal because my lawyer sent an email to CIC. I was sent an email that my application status has changed which requested for me to send in the restoration receipt that was not received by IRCC. So now it shows on my portal that it has been uploaded successfully.
If you see it on your portal, so it is ok. But if you don't see it, it's better to call to make sure everything is on track. 1 pm to 3 pm ( Toronto time) usually they answer.

Reactions: Victoria2244

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hello guys, I would like to ask, I have applied for reconsideration through webform, like my webform reach to them after 45 days, and they send me a mail that reconsideration email has been forwarded to responsible office, I have attached additional document as well, does anyone know how much time it take? For them to see. And does officer always reply your reconsideration request? Please reply. Thanks

Victoria2244

Sep 5, 2021
Hello guys, I would like to ask, I have applied for reconsideration through webform, like my webform reach to them after 45 days, and they send me a mail that reconsideration email has been forwarded to responsible office, I have attached additional document as well, does anyone know how much time it take? For them to see. And does officer always reply your reconsideration request? Please reply. Thanks
When I did mine it took around 10days or less can’t really recall. but they got back to me and I was able to get my Pgwp

afiyahusnain

Feb 18, 2023
Ir
My suggestion is, call IRCC and ask the agent to attach your receipt to your application, it is very important , otherwise, they are not going to change their decision, unless they see the receipt that you actually paid for the restoration before the 90 days timeline. And going to border is not a good idea without valid study permit.
IRCC contact that they answer?