+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSAL

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Hi
I need help because i have applied for PGWP and got refusal for not maintaining full study.
All i did was in my second semester i took only two courses because it was summer break and in last 2 semester i have only one course in which i failed and then did it again in these 3 i was working more. That's the only reason. Now please tell me i reapply through any agent with some explantation will i get approved?
Thanks
If your summer term was a scheduled break (OFF term), then that can't be the issue. You can do part-time / full-time / no load on a scheduled break. How about your other semesters? Were they part-time by any chance?

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
How many semesters was your program? And of those how many were you full time?
I did total 8 semester including last 2 with one course each and in these i was 4 time full time student and in the second summer i took 3 courses but the college told us that we can work full time with 3 courses.

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
If your summer term was a scheduled break (OFF term), then that can't be the issue. You can do part-time / full-time / no load on a scheduled break. How about your other semesters? Were they part-time by any chance?
the first summer was a scheduled break so change the campus and took 2 courses which college provided me and no other courses was left and i second summer the college told us that we can work full time i have the college mail too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did total 8 semester including last 2 with one course each and in these i was 4 time full time student and in the second summer i took 3 courses but the college told us that we can work full time with 3 courses.
So you were not full time as the last 2 semesters you were part time. You were rightly refused. You can ask for reconsideration. Summer is considered a break.

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
So you were not full time as the last 2 semesters you were part time. You were rightly refused. You can ask for reconsideration. Summer is considered a break.
in the last 2nd i was doing only 1 course and got failed and then took again in last and pass

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
in the last 2nd i was doing only 1 course and got failed and then took again in last and pass
What does last second mean? According to the rules, you can only be a part time student in the very last semester. Again you were not so you can ask for a reconsider but you were right refused. What is your status now? You may want to start planning your departure from Canada.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Remember to include an explanation of any part time semesters even if they were during break because officer might have no idea when your breaks are and think you were part time.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Remember to include an explanation of any part time semesters even if they were during break because officer might have no idea when your breaks are and think you were part time.
yeah I guess including explanation is very important. But as per rules, a student can do part-time / full-time / no load during summer (scheduled break)?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Part time in combination of online is not accepted only the last semester should be part time.