+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSAL

Ashish1213

Nov 13, 2020
Hi, i think i have a bad situation right now and i need some advice. I have completed my first course in dec 2019 and have taken 4months break than after i continued my second course from may 2020 but it was all online due to covid and it was getting hard for me as it was all software based so i decided to drop my second course and apply for my pgwp but i have applied my pgwp after 180 of my 1st course conpletion and now i got the mail that my pgwp is refused so can someone help me what should i do in this situation and how can stay in canada with legal status....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You were not eligible for a PGWP because you applied after 180 days so you were rightly refused. If you dropped out, your study permit may no longer be valid. Are you working? what is your current status? You need to get accepted & approved into a new program.

Reactions: Tete and scylla

Ashish1213

Nov 13, 2020
You were not eligible for a PGWP because you applied after 180 days so you were rightly refused. If you dropped out, your study permit may no longer be valid. Are you working? what is your current status? You need to get accepted & approved into a new program.
Yes i have noc b job and i am working but as soon as i got rejected for my pgwp i stopped working. I dont any legal status as my study permit is already expired and i was on applied status of pgwp. But there is no other way to reapply for my pgwp as i dropped my course ???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i have noc b job and i am working but as soon as i got rejected for my pgwp i stopped working. I dont any legal status as my study permit is already expired and i was on applied status of pgwp. But there is no other way to reapply for my pgwp as i dropped my course ???
You need to change your status to visitor. You can’t apply for a PGWP for your first program as you applied outside the 150 days. You need to find another program & apply for a study permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How long does it takes??
Apply to change status to visitor. You can do that now & your are on implied status until a decision. You need to find & get accepted to a new program & then apply for a study permit. That will take months (depending on processing times from your country) & because you are no longer in your home country, you have chance of refusal.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Can you get into a course now? Something that starts in January maybe? That seem like one of the few options you have you would then need to restore to student, normaly you only have 90 days to restore but I believe they annouced some extension due to covid so might wanna check that out, otherwise I don't know of any options you have to stay in Canada long term.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it's to late to apply for a PGWP based on the first course you completed.

If you want to qualify for a PGWP, you'll need to start and complete a brand new program in Canada.

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
Hi
I need help because i have applied for PGWP and got refusal for not maintaining full study.
All i did was in my second semester i took only two courses because it was summer break and in last 2 semester i have only one course in which i failed and then did it again in these 3 i was working more. That's the only reason. Now please tell me i reapply through any agent with some explantation will i get approved?
Thanks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi
I need help because i have applied for PGWP and got refusal for not maintaining full study.
All i did was in my second semester i took only two courses because it was summer break and in last 2 semester i have only one course in which i failed and then did it again in these 3 i was working more. That's the only reason. Now please tell me i reapply through any agent with some explantation will i get approved?
Thanks
You are highly unlikely to be approved as you were correctly refused according to the rules, agents cant do anything that you cant do.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Thanks
When you say “all I did” but you weren’t a full time student at all. That is the requiremen to get a PGWP is that you must be a full time student for all semesters except the last one. you were not a full time student so you were rightly refused. Were you full time for any semesters? What is your status now - Visitor?

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
When you say “all I did” but you weren’t a full time student at all. That is the requiremen to get a PGWP is that you must be a full time student for all semesters except the last one. you were not a full time student so you were rightly refused. Were you full time for any semesters? What is your status now - Visitor?
isn't we need to full time only for 8 months in a year
and it was the summer session so i think we can go part-time

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
is there any chances i get work permit?