+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp refusal

Shpu

Nov 26, 2018
Hi
Can anyone help me in this situation
I applied for pgwp after completing my 2 years post graduation diploma and after 70 days cic refused it and i already passed my 90 days and reason was that i didn't uploaded my grad letter but when i applied for work permit i didnt received my grad letter and now when i called cic they told me you cant restore your status because your study permit expires in mar 2019 and only option left with you is to take admission in college and apply it again . So do i have to pay such a big amount for this little mistake because cic says if we need any document we will lwt you know then why i was not asked for graduation letter i would have uploaded it. I dont know what to do and i already got a full time job as well.

Reactions: sachinrace

sajith930

Jul 30, 2018
Why didn't you apply again with completed application with grad letter as soon as when you get refusal.? It's 70 days. You had another 20 days for that.

Shpu

Nov 26, 2018
No i dont have 20 days i said cic refused my pgwp after 70 days and i applied it after 26 days from my graduation letter so i am already 6 days late.

sajith930

Jul 30, 2018
ohhhh...that's serious situation. As per my knowledge there is nothing left to do other than leave the Canada by March 2019. But try contact immigration lawyer and ask for some help to over come this. I think you have enough points to apply for PR.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi
Can anyone help me in this situation
I applied for pgwp after completing my 2 years post graduation diploma and after 70 days cic refused it and i already passed my 90 days and reason was that i didn't uploaded my grad letter but when i applied for work permit i didnt received my grad letter and now when i called cic they told me you cant restore your status because your study permit expires in mar 2019 and only option left with you is to take admission in college and apply it again . So do i have to pay such a big amount for this little mistake because cic says if we need any document we will lwt you know then why i was not asked for graduation letter i would have uploaded it. I dont know what to do and i already got a full time job as well.
Not an expert in this but we do have some members who are quite knowledgeable in this.

Zardoz Canuck, Scylla, bs65 are some who can shed more light.
As a proactive measure contact the lawyers on this forum or any other for a free consultation.

Good luck

Last edited:

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
I am on the same boat. Submitted transcripts and graduation status. They simply rejected the application saying that there was no completion letter without asking me to upload it.