+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

Gurjeet101

Jul 12, 2018
Hey everyone!!

I got my PGWP refusal and reason is the missing document of completion of my course. I’m still in my 90 days period of completion of my study . Please suggest what should I do.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hey everyone!!

I got my PGWP refusal and reason is the missing document of completion of my course. I’m still in my 90 days period of completion of my study . Please suggest what should I do.
Resubmit with correct information.

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
Resubmit with correct information.
hi,
I am in the same situation BUT OVER 90 DAYS COMPLEATION OF STUDIES and I am going to pursue my application with CIC with $605 fees option. need your advice on one or two things as follow:

1. do I need a new offer letter from DLI.
2. I am over 90 days after completing studies and no valid study permit .
3. explanation I know i need to attach, but forms i am not sure IMM5709(study permit) and IMM5710(PGWP) restoration
4 Fees $605 and all in paper application one package.

thanks.

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks...!!

The only thing that I am not understanding is that in Study Permit Application, what I will be filling in "intent to study and details, of course, details of institute section"

As I do not have an offer letter and intention to study further, but that columns need to be filled to Validate Form.

jaskarang13

Feb 12, 2019
Fill in the details from your previous course and mention why on your explanation letter. You should have a very precise explanation letter covering all the slightest details.
Thanks A lot ..... I was planning to put "N/A" and "0" for the figures .... but now I will put in my last attended college details.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
hi,
I am in the same situation BUT OVER 90 DAYS COMPLEATION OF STUDIES and I am going to pursue my application with CIC with $605 fees option. need your advice on one or two things as follow:

1. do I need a new offer letter from DLI.
2. I am over 90 days after completing studies and no valid study permit .
3. explanation I know i need to attach, but forms i am not sure IMM5709(study permit) and IMM5710(PGWP) restoration
4 Fees $605 and all in paper application one package.

thanks.
Hi, did you see the new rules for PGWP you should re-apply

velociraptor

Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just want to share my experience regarding a PGWP refusal I received.

To make a long story short, I finally ended up getting my PGWPfor 3 yrs as it was supposed to be, but here are the chronological events that happened a few months ago.

- I completed my Masters program in early January 2020 and I had my study permit and Co-Op work permit valid until March 30th, 2020.
- I completed my last course in the Fall 2019 semester and had received an 8 month paid internship opportunity at Bombardier Aeronautique from August 2019 to August 2020. It was 40 hrs a week and because of my Co-Op work permit, I was able to work and study at the same time.
- On March 13th, 2020, Quebec announced that due to COVID - 19 , all businesses with more than 200 employees in it must close immediately.
- I had planned to apply for my work permit at the border in the end of March and collect all documents from my university in the last 2 weeks of March, I even had planned leave at my internship for the same. I needed my course completion letter and letter of attestation from the university.
- On reaching out to my university the same day, March 13th, I learned that all Uni offices would be closed and there would be no way for me to collect my course completion letter until further notice. They said they will prepare an e copy of the same but it will take a minimum of 3 weeks.
- Worried that I will go out of status if I don't apply for my PGWP, on March 16th, I applied for my PGWP with IRCC without my course completion letter and wrote a letter in MS Word from myself, informing the IRCC that my university is closed and I cannot procure my Course completion letter before April. I submitted my application with unofficial transcripts and personal letter the same day.
- Mid May, I received an email asking me to upload my course completion letter saying my application was incomplete and the IRCC was asking me for my course completion letter. I uploaded the course completion letter which I received from my university at this time.
- May 25th, I receive the news that my application for PGWP was refused and the refusal letter mentioned that I was not a full-time student during my program of study.
- I found this strange because I always maintained a full-time status at my university except in my first semester as I had to repeat a course that I got a bad grade in. I had repeated this course a few semesters later and received a good grade, but my transcript mentioned that in my first semester, I took only 1 course, and the second course I received an 'MREP' grade which stands for 'Must repeat'.
- The refusal letter was scary and said I had to leave the country in 90 days unless I restored my status or I reapplied for my PGWP ($255 or something like that).
- May 26th, I contacted my university office, told them about my situation and was very worried. They asked me to send a web form inquiry on the IRCC website with my application number and upload an attestation letter which confirms that I maintained full-time status during all semesters of my study program.
- I called up the IRCC helpline number the same day and explained this situation and said I will be able to justify every semester of my study that I was a full-time student and that in the midst of a pandemic, they cannot ask me to leave the country. That too when I've lived here for 3 yrs, have all the necessary documentation and have not a single glitch in my application. They told me to send the webform with recent documents.
- Early June, I sent the web form with the Attestation letter attached and said it was unfair that my application was refused and I am confident that I maintained full-time status. I also mentioned that my home country had closed its airports to all international travel and there is no way for me to go back home, that too when there's a pandemic going on (COVID).
- June 10th, I received an email saying my Webform was received and that it was being forwarded to Processing office in Edmonton.
- June 14th, I received an email asking me to pay the open work permit fee of $100 as they had refunded my previous fees since my application was refused. I paid on the same day.
- June 16th, I received the approval of my PGWP for 3 years and my status was changed from refused to processing to approved.

So in short, if your application is refused, don't give up hope, try to contest the decision, hire a lawyer if necessary, fight for your application if you're confident you are not wrong. They have changed my application status from refused to approved and after almost a month of anguish, I finally feel relieved.

All the best for whatever you're applying for. The universe is on your side.

midhunrussel

Apr 19, 2022
Hy, I just finished my course and I am about to apply for pgwp. And the problem is my last two semesters were part time. In one previous semester I failed one course and and withdrawed another. I didnt know about this rules of maintaing full time status. What should i do? Please someone help me with a solution. And my study permit expries this end of the month. Please help me with some solution.

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello, My PGWP got refused saying I was not full time, but I have been a full time student the whole time. Additionally, my refusal says "Your status in Canada is valid until September 30, 2022." (This was the end date of Study Permit), but it has been more than 90 days since I have applied for the PGWP, I have three questions.
  1. Does that mean I am out of status or my status is valid till 30th Sept?
  2. If I apply again before Sept 30 2022 , will I go back to maintained status considering they just mentioned my status in Canada is valid till sept 30th (OR) Because it has been 90 days since I applied for PGWP and now got refused, I need to restore my status first and then apply PGWP again?
  3. I am also working full time, and have stopped working now. But can I start working once I apply for PGWP again before Sept 30? (OR) do I need to wait for the PGWP reapplication results?
Kindly help. Thanks!

Tanish Narwal

Sep 11, 2019
Hi there,
I actually got refusal on pgwp on 15 of October 2022. They gave me reason that I was not full time during program. Actually my program is only open two time in year. If I get failed I have to wait for 8 months to start next semester even i tried to ask other colleges if i can complete there and get credit transfer but ever college was offering after 8 months. So unfortunately I got failed in one subject in my last semester in April 2021 and I have to wait for 8 months to start my 4th semester in Jan 2022 which i passed successfully. And I didn’t take any course in between that time. I didn’t explain anything in my first pgwp application. And I got refusal, but now I applied again with supporting letter and applied my restoration status as a student as well as visitor record. I just want to know about the success rate of this situation?? Im so stressed about it :(.
As almost 75 days are gone and no result yet for re- application.

Need some suggestions what should i do next right now
1. Should i apply for new course and submit study permit application before 90 days finishes?
2. Should i apply for Bounded work permit?

im too much stressed. Right now everything is negative nd tensed. If you have any positive response then please reply.