+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSAL w.r.t to Cerb is it true or rumor?

DEVANSH_PATEL

Jun 21, 2020
Hey Guys I applied for PGWP IN june and also received 2000$ of CERB but I returned that 2000$ back so will there be any issues or problems getting PGWP because I heard that international students PGWP applications are getting rejected due to CERB.?
please reply
Thanks in advance.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
How come you are so sure...? Can you explain in brief? The reason being, one of my friend friends received refusal regarding PGWP BECAUSE of CERB . I Don't know if that information is correct or not
Thanks
How are you so sure his rejection is due to cerb?

Mgabhi

Aug 22, 2020
I don't think so that may be the reason, they have clearly return on the website that international students are eligible if they lost the job due to reason of Covid. May be your friend not eligible for cerb and he may have taken it.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey Guys I applied for PGWP IN june and also received 2000$ of CERB but I returned that 2000$ back so will there be any issues or problems getting PGWP because I heard that international students PGWP applications are getting rejected due to CERB.?
please reply
Thanks in advance.
Hello DEVANSH_PATEL,

The only way an International student can be refused a PGWP due to receiving CERB is by being ineligible and yet, received it.

I think if you have worked for more hours up to 5 months and have earned up to $2,000, and have lost the job due to the pandemic, then such person is eligible.

All the best

Aug 23, 2020
Apparently the ground for rejection is this (received by someone who's been rejected this week)

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been rejected due to following reason, during our background check we identified you applied for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), which is applied only when you are financially insupportable. But our previous records show that you provided sufficient funds for your education in Canada as per study permit validity for 2 years. We found that you applied for CERB during the course of your studying in Canada. If the funds that you showed were sufficient for your living expenses and tution, there is an ambiguity as to why you applied for CERB. The intention is very unclear. We regret to inform you that please prove your financial support and then reapply * again for the temporary resident status. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application.

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Apparently the ground for rejection is this (received by someone who's been rejected this week)

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been rejected due to following reason, during our background check we identified you applied for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), which is applied only when you are financially insupportable. But our previous records show that you provided sufficient funds for your education in Canada as per study permit validity for 2 years. We found that you applied for CERB during the course of your studying in Canada. If the funds that you showed were sufficient for your living expenses and tution, there is an ambiguity as to why you applied for CERB. The intention is very unclear. We regret to inform you that please prove your financial support and then reapply * again for the temporary resident status. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application.
Fake news

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019

That text is so obviously not written by a native English speaker.

Again, receiving CERB is NOT grounds for refusal of a PGWP application, or any other immigration application.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020

This sounds nowhere like official statements from IRCC LMAO the tone is so off. Clearly fake news.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi everyone, I also believe that this message is fake. However, I have been wondering whether I should pay back my 2 CERB payments that I received. Simply because we indicated when we received our visas that we will be able to fund our studies. Yes, I know that nobody was expecting a global pandemic to occur, but I am still very unsure of whether this might affect our applications for a PGWP.. Processing times are 6 months right now and I rather not find out next year that this was the reason... I'm not saying that anyone should pay it back, I just wanted to share my concerns..