May 6, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
INLAND
App. Filed.......
20-11-2020
Hi everyone,

In 4 years of studies I was in part-time for only one session. But I have a medical certificate which says that I had a disease which requires rest and I will write an explanation letter. But I'm afraid to see too much refusal of PGWP due to part-time studies. What do you think guys?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Its all up to the immigration officer making the decision, there are people with multiple part time semesters who get accepted with no explanation and ones with a single part time who get rejected.

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
Hi everyone,

In 4 years of studies I was in part-time for only one session. But I have a medical certificate which says that I had a disease which requires rest and I will write an explanation letter. But I'm afraid to see too much refusal of PGWP due to part-time studies. What do you think guys?
Was it in the middle of your study? Or, was it the last semester? Tell us more details please.

If you had to go part-time due to some medical conditions, you are allowed to as long as you have a written approval from your faculty or department.

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
Was it in the middle of your study? Or, was it the last semester? Tell us more details please.

If you had to go part-time due to some medical conditions, you are allowed to as long as you have a written approval from your faculty or department.
Hey JapaneseInMB, how do you know that you're allowed to go part time due to medical conditions? I went part time and was approved by the faculty as well. Could you tell me which website or document mentions this rule, so that I could use it to help my PGWP application? Thanks!

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hey JapaneseInMB, how do you know that you're allowed to go part time due to medical conditions? I went part time and was approved by the faculty as well. Could you tell me which website or document mentions this rule, so that I could use it to help my PGWP application? Thanks!
Hey,

You went part-time in the summers?