+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP reconsideration help!

juliasuny522

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone, I was hoping for your insights or any advice would be really helpful here.
I finished a 18 months Queen's university Masters program through an accelerated on campus program for 1 year as a full-time student.
I applied for PGWP after completing my Master's Degree on June 1st and just got approval today.
The problem is that they only granted me 1 year until a year from today. I have gotten a letter from my University stating that this was 18 months program but it was done in fast track for 12 month without break. This was submitted along with the PGWP application. Most of my colleagues got 3 years and at least 18-24 months if officer chose to grant visa equivalent to the length of the program. Out of almost 70 of us i am the only one with the shortest PGWP with exactly 1 year. I've heard from my colleagues to apply for reconsideration. 1 Year is too short and it would really suck after spending so much on Master tuition to just return home as 1 year is too short to get PR.

Did anybody have any luck with reconsideration process?

Plea

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi everyone, I was hoping for your insights or any advice would be really helpful here.
I finished a 18 months Queen's university Masters program through an accelerated on campus program for 1 year as a full-time student.
I applied for PGWP after completing my Master's Degree on June 1st and just got approval today.
The problem is that they only granted me 1 year until a year from today. I have gotten a letter from my University stating that this was 18 months program but it was done in fast track for 12 month without break. This was submitted along with the PGWP application. Most of my colleagues got 3 years and at least 18-24 months if officer chose to grant visa equivalent to the length of the program. Out of almost 70 of us i am the only one with the shortest PGWP with exactly 1 year. I've heard from my colleagues to apply for reconsideration. 1 Year is too short and it would really suck after spending so much on Master tuition to just return home as 1 year is too short to get PR.

Did anybody have any luck with reconsideration process?

Plea
Call IRCC, explain it to them, they can reopen your file.