+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP/ PASSPORT RENEWAL

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hey guys,

I am in a bit of confusion here. I have applied for my PGWP and it has been quite some time. My passport is valid till the end of 2022. I am aware that if I am to receive my work permit now It will be valid until the day my passport expires. My question is if I apply for a new passport and get it renewed while my work permit is in processing. Will I be able to send my new passport information to IRCC, so that they can issue me a full 3-year work permit?

If anyone has done this or has any knowledge about this please do let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Akad

May 22, 2022
In most of the submitted IRCC applications, you can go back to view your submitted application and upload additional documents. IRCC do consider then if the application is not yet finalized.
Alternatively, you can apply for WP extension later on, until you suppose to be eligible for.

Adonis19

Mar 5, 2022
In most of the submitted IRCC applications, you can go back to view your submitted application and upload additional documents. IRCC do consider then if the application is not yet finalized.
Alternatively, you can apply for WP extension later on, until you suppose to be eligible for.
I am in the same boat with Cor_. Actually, my case is more complicated. I have valid study permit and passport until June 12th, 2022. I've been already applied my passport renew from embassy in last month however, the new passport will be on my hand end of the June 2022. Therefore, I have to apply with my current passport and study permit because if SP expire, I will be in the implied status and it makes more complicated my life in here. After my application, Can I upload my new passport into IRCC account, is there really a chance to update documents or add additional documents after complete first submission? I'll be waiting of your valuable reply.