+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[PGWP] Part time with 8 credits in 2 academic semesters

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I graduated from 4 year degree program on this May. I already applied for PGWP with a letter of explanation so am waiting for the results.

I took 8 credits (3+3+2) each in two winter semesters (not including last semester).
-8 credits in sept-dec
-8 credits in jan to apr

I thought three courses means full-time without any doubt (I should’ve check..) , so just took three courses. Eventually, one of the three courses was only “2 credit”. And I repeated taking 8 credits in next academic semester without knowing that I am in “part-time”.

The two 2 credit courses were chemistry lab courses (6hrs/week) which required two formal lab reports every week. Mostly, a course of 3 credit is 3 hrs/week. But this is even double of usual course. So in my letter of explanation, I explained everything and said I academically pursued learning for my 4 years in university and attended class even more hours than full-time students.

For last few days, I have read almost every posts about this kind of situation. Someone got rejected and someone got 3 yrs work permit with similar situation of mine. So I think it really depends on the Officer.

But, I am just wondering if any other people have “same” situation as mine. (part-time with 8 credits in two semesters). Or any results with this kind of situation?

+ I applied for PGWP on May 18th and am still waiting. I’ll share my timeline and result later.
(Hopefully with 3yrs PGWP)

Last edited:

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
I graduated from 4 year degree program on this May. I already applied for PGWP with a letter of explanation so am waiting for the results.

I took 8 credits (3+3+2) each in two winter semesters (not including last semester).
-8 credits in sept-dec
-8 credits in jan to apr

I thought three courses means full-time without any doubt (I should’ve check..) , so just took three courses. Eventually, one of the three courses was only “2 credit”. And I repeated taking 8 credits in next academic semester without knowing that I am in “part-time”.

The two 2 credit courses were chemistry lab courses (6hrs/week) which required two formal lab reports every week. Mostly, a course of 3 credit is 3 hrs/week. But this is even double of usual course. So in my letter of explanation, I explained everything and said I academically pursued learning for my 4 years in university and attended class even more hours than full-time students.

For last few days, I have read almost every posts about this kind of situation. Someone got rejected and someone got 3 yrs work permit with similar situation of mine. So I think it really depends on the Officer.

But, I am just wondering if any other people have “same” situation as mine. (part-time with 8 credits in two semesters). Or any results with this kind of situation?

+ I applied for PGWP on May 18th and am still waiting. I’ll share my timeline and result later.
(Hopefully with 3yrs PGWP)
did you get the pgwp?