+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - OWP for spouse online application

Laisa

Apr 27, 2012
Hello

I tried to find this information on the forum but was unsuccessful.
Since the processing time for online applications is much shorter then by mail I plan to apply for my post-graduation work permit online.
My spouse will also be applying for his OWP based on my PGWP and my job offer.
Do we have to first apply for my PGWP and then wait for it to get here and then apply for his OWP or can we somehow apply together through myCIC?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Laisa

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Hi Laisa

I think we are in the similar situation. My work permit is expiring in July,2012. I got married in December. So, I have applied for LMO through my employer and waiting for approval. Once I get the approval, I will apply for my work permit extension and then apply for My husband's Visitor Visa. Once he comes here, apply for Work Permit. I think its better to extend our WP first otherwise there are chances to get rejected as the immigration want to see our work permit to give visa to the spouse. Please keep posting how it goes.

Thanks
Jass

Laisa

Apr 27, 2012
My husband already has an OWP based on the fact that I am a student, but it expires in June.
Is he going to be in implied status if he doesn't get a response before his current OWP expires?
I'm not sure if it is considered an extension or not since it is not a regular work permit.

Laisa