+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP outside Canada

Paco Gerte

Jun 27, 2019
Hi, I finished my studies in April and I'm still waiting for the letter of completion. I know that once I apply for the PGWP I'll be able to work full time. Does the same apply if I apply from outside Canada having a valid study permit?

I'm planning to work remotely that's why I want to make sure that I can do it after applying outside Canada.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
If you work remotely from outside Canada, the work experience won't be counted towards CEC's 1-year Canadian experience requirement. You have to be physically present in Canada in order for the work experience to count.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I finished my studies in April and I'm still waiting for the letter of completion. I know that once I apply for the PGWP I'll be able to work full time. Does the same apply if I apply from outside Canada having a valid study permit?

I'm planning to work remotely that's why I want to make sure that I can do it after applying outside Canada.
Since you are not in Canda you don’t have implied status. Your ability to work remotely depends on the work rules of the country where you are currently staying.

Smastana

Sep 6, 2018

Hey did you got the answer for it?

Jas_@

Nov 24, 2020
Since you are not in Canda you don’t have implied status. Your ability to work remotely depends on the work rules of the country where you are currently staying.
So do you mean as long as I can legally work from the country of staying, IRCC's "be-able-to-work-after-apply-PGWP" is still eligible for me?

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
So do you mean as long as I can legally work from the country of staying, IRCC's "be-able-to-work-after-apply-PGWP" is still eligible for me?
If you're working from outside Canada, the "work after you apply for PGWP" rule doesn't even apply to you. Those conditions are only if you are residing inside Canada. As @canuck78 stated, you have to check the work rules of the country where you are currently staying.

Note that working remotely for a Canadian company while being outside of Canada does not count towards your Canadian work experience.

Jas_@

Nov 24, 2020
If you're working from outside Canada, the "work after you apply for PGWP" rule doesn't even apply to you. Those conditions are only if you are residing inside Canada. As @canuck78 stated, you have to check the work rules of the country where you are currently staying.

Note that working remotely for a Canadian company while being outside of Canada does not count towards your Canadian work experience.
Thank you!

khitoronto95

Apr 12, 2021
Hi, do you mind sharing more details? How long did you pgwp processing outside of camada take? Were you able to travel back once you got approval? Did you eork experience count towards the PR?