+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP medical not looked at?

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi,

My PGWP got approved today, it took approximately 3 months to process.
I am an inland applicant and I was submitting a newly done upfront medical exam together with my PGWP application. My medical is still valid.
I haven't physically received the permit yet so I don't know what the conditions are. But on my account, it says

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
So no 'Medical Passed' message. Is this a normal or should i be concerned that for some reason IRCC might not have looked at my medical exam and has imposed the restrictions on my permit?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I am an inland applicant and I was submitting a newly done upfront medical exam together with my PGWP application. My medical is still valid.
For temporary status medica, AFAIK, is needed if you have spent 6 months in few designated countries in past 1 year or so.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My PGWP got approved today, it took approximately 3 months to process.
I haven't physically received the permit yet so I don't know what the conditions are. But on my account, it says

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
So no 'Medical Passed' message. Is this a normal or should i be concerned that for some reason IRCC might not have looked at my medical exam and has imposed the restrictions on my permit?
Just means that you already had a valid medical.

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
For temporary status medica, AFAIK, is needed if you have spent 6 months in few designated countries in past 1 year or so.
i submitted it on the basis that i will have a job that requires the medical exam (childcare, health-related occupations, teaching)

Elias_Andvari

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Just means that you already had a valid medical.
So this means that they reviewed it?

The only time I ever did another medical was 6 years ago, when i was applying from my country to enter canada.
In August this year I did the second one, and i did it because i want a job in a health-related field.

This is what the messages say on my account:

Review of eligibility
  • December 2, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • December 3, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.