+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP (LMIA) Question for EE under CEC

chorookie

Dec 7, 2014
Hi all,

Seems like quite a bit of people are in the same boat as me (PGWP with full time permanent job; no LMIA).
I'm interested in applying for EE under CEC this coming September 2015 and was wondering if someone can help me out with the questions below.

Thanks ahead!

1) Working full time (NOC A) since September 2014 for a non LMIA approved position (PGWP). Is it too late to ask my employer for an LMIA approval?

2) If question 1 above is possible, is this technically considered a "sponsorship"? I noticed on CIC website (EE page) that LMIA for PR applications does not have any fees so I'm assuming there will be no expense on the company side as well as asking for an LMIA doesn't prevent me from currently working (PGWP valid until 2016 DEC). I just want to clarify this since the HR person at my company seem to straight up tell me they don't provide "sponsorship".

3) Finally, if in the case that I work at my current company for 1 year (fulfill CEC requirement) and find a new LMIA approved job through job bank, am I still eligible for the 600 points or would I need 12 months of experience in a LMIA approved position?