+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP issue

Sifat234

Dec 17, 2023
I have a question to ask
I came here in Canada and i took admission at
University of Lethbridge this September intake but due to some reason I didn’t liked the city so i planned to drop from the university and applied to UBC DAP
I got my offer letter from Ubc dap and i will complete all 15 courses by remaining full time student here . I will start from the beginning and i will change DLI and student number on my study permit as per UBC Letter of acceptance.

The thing is I withdrew the courses from university of lethbridge :the reason i mentioned above . Therefore i automatically got the status of being a part timer there but if i complete all my 15 courses with the status of being full timer here in UBC DAP so it won’t create any impact for my PGWP ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question to ask
University of Lethbridge this September intake but due to some reason I didn’t liked the city so i planned to drop from the university and applied to UBC DAP
I got my offer letter from Ubc dap and i will complete all 15 courses by remaining full time student here . I will start from the beginning and i will change DLI and student number on my study permit as per UBC Letter of acceptance.

The thing is I withdrew the courses from university of lethbridge :the reason i mentioned above . Therefore i automatically got the status of being a part timer there but if i complete all my 15 courses with the status of being full timer here in UBC DAP so it won’t create any impact for my PGWP ?
If you complete your full program at UBC as a full time student then you will qualify for a PGWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a question to ask

Are you still studying at U of L? Did you study there for at least a semester?

Sifat234

Dec 17, 2023
Are you still studying at U of L? Did you study there for at least a semester?
I am not studying there as I mentioned i took admission at ubc in jan 2024 intake and here i am completing the whole 2 year course from the beginning , I haven’t taken any transfer credits from U OFL , I will be completing all courses at UBC as a full time student . I have studied there for 1 semester that is September to December but only 1 subject

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not studying there as I mentioned i took admission at ubc in jan 2024 intake and here i am completing the whole 2 year course from the beginning , I haven’t taken any transfer credits from U OFL , I will be completing all courses at UBC as a full time student . I have studied there for 1 semester that is September to December but only 1 subject
Ok. So just checking that you attended a semester. Assume you didn’t work. If so, don’t fail courses and complete the program full-time.

Sifat234

Dec 17, 2023
Well you still need to complete the two year program - full time with no breaks.
Yes i will complete. I withdrew subjects at UOFL because those same subjects were not exempted by UBC , when i took admission here . So here if i complete the course by acquiring full time status . Then it won’t be an issue?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes i will complete. I withdrew subjects at UOFL because those same subjects were not exempted by UBC , when i took admission here . So here if i complete the course by acquiring full time status . Then it won’t be an issue?
Not an issue. You are starting a new program.