+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP issue

Nurulain

Oct 18, 2018
Hello,
Hope you are well. After my final semester I was charged with academic misconduct in a course and I got an F in that course. Before that I had already taken the completion letter and I applied for my PGWP which I got in 20 days. Now the problem is that I got a PGWP and the university has failed me in the course. I already raised a webform of IRCC and explained the situation. What do you think will be the most likely outcome. Will my PGWP be cancelled? What should i do

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
Hope you are well. After my final semester I was charged with academic misconduct in a course and I got an F in that course. Before that I had already taken the completion letter and I applied for my PGWP which I got in 20 days. Now the problem is that I got a PGWP and the university has failed me in the course. I already raised a webform of IRCC and explained the situation. What do you think will be the most likely outcome. Will my PGWP be cancelled? What should i do
Did you include Academic transcript? If not it is then the officer used temporary policy measure that was announced 2020 during covid to accept and process application incase of missing “academic transcript”. However while i dont know your circumstance as to why you did not wait to include final transcript when you apply, they will most likely act and cancel your pgwp after you raised webform. As PGWP is issued once in a lifetime and you literally had one, i dont know what will happen when you want second one

Nurulain

Oct 18, 2018
I applied for work permit on feb 2021. I had included the academic transcript and at that time the prof had passed me in the class and later after i got my PGWP, he charged me with academic misconduct. I don't know what should i do. Can they put my PGWP on hold and tell me to complete my credits. What should i do?

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I had included the academic transcript and at that time the prof had passed me in the class and later after i got my PGWP, he charged me with academic misconduct. I don't know what should i do. Can they put my PGWP on hold and tell me to complete my credits. What should i do?
I’m not sure if they have “on hold” condition, but academic misconduct is serious allegation in the eyes of VO/ everyone. I guess as you were honest to inform them, and which i think DLI may report through the portal, IRCC will write letter detailing any action and what you should do.

Nurulain

Oct 18, 2018
Will they cancel my PGWP and tell me to apply for a study permit extension? How long does IRCC take to reply to the web form. As i am on PWGP, if they cancel it, will i be out of status? I am so worried. I dont know what to do.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Will they cancel my PGWP and tell me to apply for a study permit extension? How long does IRCC take to reply to the web form. As i am on PWGP, if they cancel it, will i be out of status? I am so worried. I dont know what to do.
Unfortunately I can't tell you the timeline, but if they cancel it and you don't have any status, yes you'll be out of status and you need restoration and apply to reinstate your SP to finish your course.