+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP: Impact of changing programs

May 25, 2021
I was wondering how the " full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed" requirement applies if you had one part time semester and one gap semester in program A and then switched to another program B that uses some credits from program A (around 30 credits) and managed to maintain full time status for the remainder of program B?

edit: meant program B in the end not A

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I was wondering how the " full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed" requirement applies if you had one part time semester and one gap semester in program A and then switched to another program B that uses some credits from program A (around 30 credits) and managed to maintain full time status for the remainder of program A?
For the reminder of program A or program B??? I dont understand

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Full-time status in course B when taking actual courses. You can't use credits from program A to make you a full-time student each semester. You can use credits to shorten the amount of time needed to complete program B.

Notableme

Sep 4, 2021
I was wondering how the " full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed" requirement applies if you had one part time semester and one gap semester in program A and then switched to another program B that uses some credits from program A (around 30 credits) and managed to maintain full time status for the remainder of program B?

edit: meant program B in the end not A
Hey I'm in the same position. Did you end up changing it? And have you applied?