+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Holder planing to apply for PR. How to prove NOC code matches my Job duties

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Hi, I am new to this site

I am a PGWP holder planning to apply for PR. My PGWP expires August 2020. When applying for my CEC, How am I required to prove my NOC Code is the job duties I have been doing for the past year? Basically, does my manager have to indicate specifics in a letter of some sort or what?

Another question is how long is the whole process? Will I be able to get PR before 2020 August If I make my express entry profile by like let's say August 2019 when ill be able to have reached 1560 hrs of work experience as an Administrative Assistant?

Last edited:

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Read through IRCC website and you'll have your answers. Your employer needs to provide a reference letter that specifies your duties.

The average processing time is 6 months. If you are invited and submit your application before your PGWP expires, you can apply for bridge work permit which allows you to remain and work in Canada while your PR application is in process.

Reactions: aabu208

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Thank you! Does my employer have to specify all duties that are showed on the IRCC Website for that specific NOC code?