+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP got refused!! Please assist what to do next

Ashar_xx

Oct 3, 2016
Hey everyone,

My PGWP was rejected this week with following statement from CIC :

" As the institution you attended is not one of the above, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category. "

I have attended Centennial College and trios College. I was expecting atleast one year of work permit. Please assist me what could have went wrong here ?

Thank you in advance !!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone,

" As the institution you attended is not one of the above, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work permit in this category. "

I have attended Centennial College and trios College. I was expecting atleast one year of work permit. Please assist me what could have went wrong here ?

Thank you in advance !!
Hi

I am going to guess that you did the program at Centennial first. If so, you needed to apply within 90 days of finishing. The other college is private, so no PGWP from that.

Ashar_xx

Oct 3, 2016
Hi

I am going to guess that you did the program at Centennial first. If so, you needed to apply within 90 days of finishing. The other college is private, so no PGWP from that.
Thats rigtht. But when I joined Trios student were able to get PGWP as TriOS does have a DLI number. After 6 months in TriOS i was informed by college that few students have been rejected for PGWP. the letter does mention private college though - "
[X] Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have engaged in full-time studies for at least eight months at a:
 a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade or technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec);
 a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions;
"

Is there any point to see a consultant ? is there any hope to get PGWP if I reapply ?

Gurlal3

Apr 12, 2018
hi i am internationsl student and i have have been doing continue full time study from last three semasters so now i am thinking of taking a break so can i drop summer semaster now is there any issues of it in my workpermit

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ontario
Filter items
Showing 1 to 8 of 8 entries (filtered from 442 total entries)
Show entries
Name of institution Designated learning institution number (DLI #) City Campuses Offers PGWP-eligible programs
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Brampton Brampton Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Hamilton Hamilton Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Kitchener Kitchener Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 London London Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Mississauga Mississauga Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Oshawa Oshawa Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. O19361101002 Windsor Windsor Campus No
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. (Scarborough) O19361101002 Toronto Scarborough Campus, Toronto Campus No

None of the programs are PGWP eligible, even though it has a DLI number.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance !!
Trios College is definitely the problem. It's a private career college and not eligible for a PGWP. Unfortunately you were correctly refused.

Ashar_xx

Oct 3, 2016
Thank you all for responding to my question. I applied for restoration of visa after one week. but i did not receive the result in time so i came back to india. while i was given the result for PGWP application, i was working full time at that time. I had no choise but to work little more untill my pay check so that i could get tickets for india. I worked like two weeks after my decision. do you think this is going to affect my PR application?
PS - I got my visitor visa approved after two months when I was in india but only for three days. '
thank you