+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP got refused,,,,need help

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
My PGWP got refused with the specific reason
"Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:  University, community college, CEGEP,  publicly funded trade/technical school or  private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees"
I have done Full time 30 credit PDD program from Public School and have applied pgwp 5 days later after getting my graduation letter.
any suggestions what should i do next now.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Was that the end of the rejection letter, is there no more detail? Have other students received a PGWP with the same course? I would talk to your international advisor in school and also call IRCC.
Yes, one of my friend have got, did the same course with me. My 90 days after the studies are already over but my student permit is still valid. So am i still able to stay in canada and appeal for it. Am so worried.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes, one of my friend have got, did the same course with me. My 90 days after the studies are already over but my student permit is still valid. So am i still able to stay in canada and appeal for it. Am so worried.
Study permit expires 90 days of study completion, call and talk to ircc agent. If they made a mistake ask them to reopen your case.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Study permit expires 90 days of study completion, call and talk to ircc agent. If they made a mistake ask them to reopen your case.
I ask them, one agent put a note as well but when i check the next day other agent told me its not open yet and we don’t know when or will it be reopen. they ask me to move out of canada and re apply. Am deeply stressed up. Lost my job. Will be loosing money and now hopes too. I don’t know what to do. Restoration also ircc said can be done within 90days.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Ircc send me update that they refused my reconsideration as well. Am so worried now. If i take another year course in school, do i need to apply for study permit or restoration of study permit as my visa is valid till Dec 31st 2020. No consultant or agent or even lawyer has a clue about this. This is seriously eating my bones now. I need some real help and advice.

Pardeep Singh brar

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Ircc send me update that they refused my reconsideration as well. Am so worried now. If i take another year course in school, do i need to apply for study permit or restoration of study permit as my visa is valid till Dec 31st 2020. No consultant or agent or even lawyer has a clue about this. This is seriously eating my bones now. I need some real help and advice.
Bro kuj v hoje Canada leave krn de mistake na kri . J hor koi gl na bni tan 1 saal da course opt kr k study permit apply krdi. But Canada ton wapis na awi .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Your visa doesnt matter, is your study permit still valid and can you get i to a school before it expires. Also study permits have that 90 days rule, I believe it should be 90 days from your PGWP rejection but not sure. It is best to use a lawyer at this point not a consultant. If you are past 90 restoration days there is no way to regain status in Canada.

Also I dont think you have explained the detailed rejection reason so far, you need to make it clear to get better help.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Your visa doesnt matter, is your study permit still valid and can you get i to a school before it expires. Also study permits have that 90 days rule, I believe it should be 90 days from your PGWP rejection but not sure. It is best to use a lawyer at this point not a consultant. If you are past 90 restoration days there is no way to regain status in Canada.

Also I dont think you have explained the detailed rejection reason so far, you need to make it clear to get better help.
Tge rejection reason i posted on my 1st msg of thread. My 90 days for restoration is still in hand. I have got a LOA for new course, am wondering about my study permit, i hope they won’t refuse that too.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Bro kuj v hoje Canada leave krn de mistake na kri . J hor koi gl na bni tan 1 saal da course opt kr k study permit apply krdi. But Canada ton wapis na awi .
Haan ji paaji canada te wapis tou ni jana, main 1 saal da course opt kar dita, but study permit de vaste apply ki karna hai wo sanu ni pta or approve ho jana hai. Mainu badi tnsn hai.