+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP from INDIA

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi,
I applied for PGWP from India and my studies finished at the end of July 2021. Presently I am having student TRV and it's valid until 30th Sep 2021. Is it possible to travel inside Canada since the PGWP is under process?

I completed my Biometrics last year during a study permit extension.

Please let me know anyone travelled like this.
I'll highly recommend you to talk to an ICCRC registered immigration consultant. If your TRV is valid then they might allow you to re-enter Canada. If you do, you may be able to stay there on implied status and work until a decision on your profile has been made.

Talk to an immigration consultant and check what you can do. I was in the same situation and unfortunately my visa had expired the day I got to know about this, so I could not travel back to Canada. Probably you can. Talk to an immigration consultant asap.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I applied for PGWP from india in last week of August 2020. Then after waiting for many months, on somebody's suggestion I gave my biometrics at VFS in last week of may and then I got an update on my application for medical so I gave my medical test in 4-5 days and then right after my medical was done I got an update on my Application in 1 week that my work permit is approved and then I sent my Passport to the embassy for stamping and got my passport in few days.

In my case i just had to get my biometrics and medical done, that was the only reason why my application was delayed.
Hey James. Thanks for sharing. I've applied in December 2020 and I got a BIL from NDVO in March 2021. Did not have to raise a webform, they sent me a BIL automatically. I recently got my upfront medical test done. Very glad to see you got it through. I am hoping my process will be similar to yours.

Just wanted to know if your travel visa was still valid. If it was not, did they issue you a new one or did you have to apply for a TRV separately?

Waliaamardeep

Aug 6, 2019
Hi. My study is going to complete on 15 Dec 2023, My study permit and TRV is valid till March 2024.
I have to travel to India for 6 months stay. What's the best option for me.
1.) Apply PGWP online in Canada, then travel to India and apply TRV from there.
2.) After finishing study, go back India, apply PGWP and TRV both fron India.
What is the timeline if we apply PGWP and TRV from India.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi. My study is going to complete on 15 Dec 2023, My study permit and TRV is valid till March 2024.
I have to travel to India for 6 months stay. What's the best option for me.
1.) Apply PGWP online in Canada, then travel to India and apply TRV from there.
2.) After finishing study, go back India, apply PGWP and TRV both fron India.
What is the timeline if we apply PGWP and TRV from India.
1. If you apply PGWP inside Canada and then leave the country, the WP will be reassigned to the VO in your current country of residenc
2. You can do this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Use this to check times. Posted times are avg only. You can just apply and wait.