+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP for international student

trahman14

Dec 10, 2022
Hi there, I'm an international student graduating this December. I work at a hotel part-time but for more than 20 hours as the new rule of international students working more than 20 hours has implied. They want to offer me full-time from next year but this job is not related to my study field. For applying to PGWP, do I have to attach this work offer letter?
Also, my final grades will be on 21st December but the college will take time to provide a letter of completion and official transcript as they are closed for holidays from 23rd December -2nd January. Meanwhile, can I work part-time or should I stop working at all after getting my final grades, no official declaration though. My friend's dad is an immigration officer filer for international students and he said I can work until I get my official transcript before applying for PGWP. Just wanted to make sure and confirm if anyone got relative experience. Thank you.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi there, I'm an international student graduating this December. I work at a hotel part-time but for more than 20 hours as the new rule of international students working more than 20 hours has implied. They want to offer me full-time from next year but this job is not related to my study field. For applying to PGWP, do I have to attach this work offer letter?
Also, my final grades will be on 21st December but the college will take time to provide a letter of completion and official transcript as they are closed for holidays from 23rd December -2nd January. Meanwhile, can I work part-time or should I stop working at all after getting my final grades, no official declaration though. My friend's dad is an immigration officer filer for international students and he said I can work until I get my official transcript before applying for PGWP. Just wanted to make sure and confirm if anyone got relative experience. Thank you.
1. No, you don't need to attach a job offer to your PGWP application. You might want to check the NOC for you this job qualifies you to get CEC after a year.
2. Yes, you can keep working. I finished school in April 2022, my study permit was valid until July 2022, and my letter of completion was sent by my college in mid-May, so I kept working part-time until I received my letter of completion and applied to my PGWP.

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
1. No, you don't need to attach a job offer to your PGWP application. You might want to check the NOC for you this job qualifies you to get CEC after a year.
2. Yes, you can keep working. I finished school in April 2022, my study permit was valid until July 2022, and my letter of completion was sent by my college in mid-May, so I kept working part-time until I received my letter of completion and applied to my PGWP.
My daughter has just finished her last subject Fall Term 2022. And she requested for her Transcript of Records last December 2022, and received a copy of it last January 2, 2023. Does this mean that she had to stop working on her parttime job while waiting for the Letter of Completion of Studies and pending submission of her PGWP application?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My daughter has just finished her last subject Fall Term 2022. And she requested for her Transcript of Records last December 2022, and received a copy of it last January 2, 2023. Does this mean that she had to stop working on her parttime job while waiting for the Letter of Completion of Studies and pending submission of her PGWP application?
As long as her study permit hasn't expired, she can continue working. I don't know how it works with the new "full-time work allowed for students" rule, but back in April 2022 when I finished school, I kept working part-time until I received everything I needed from my college to apply for a PGWP.

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
As long as her study permit hasn't expired, she can continue working. I don't know how it works with the new "full-time work allowed for students" rule, but back in April 2022 when I finished school, I kept working part-time until I received everything I needed from my college to apply for a PGWP.
Thank you for this reply. Much appreciated.

Reactions: andrews17