+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP for 1 Year only

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Folks,

My brother has finished his 1 year MBA program from Lakehead university and applied for his post graduation work permit ,but he only got 1 year work permit while some student from his class got 3 year work permit.

He had attached the letter from university which says that the program is equivalent to 2 year master's program and thus 3 Work permit should be provided.

Can you please guide me as in what can be done as 1 year work permit doesnt help us as he cant work exact one year as he still has to look for jobs. Also for getting point in express entry min requirement is 1 exact year.

Please help!!

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi ,
Can somebody please reply to my situation here, my brother did talk with CIC agent and they have added the notes and asked to call after 12 days.,
Please can somebody update if this will help? or just a formality.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Firstly cannot compare what others in same class did or did not get as every application is unique.

When does his passport expire ?

Were the following conditions met ?

Quote :

Officers may issue three-year work permits to individuals who complete a master’s degree in Canada when the DLI has confirmed in the written confirmation of program completion (e.g., an official letter or transcript) that the degree is 16 to 23 months in duration and does not include regularly scheduled breaks.

jesseke

Nov 4, 2017
Hi ,
Can somebody please reply to my situation here, my brother did talk with CIC agent and they have added the notes and asked to call after 12 days.,
Please can somebody update if this will help? or just a formality.
Hello please can you hel[ me with the contact of CIC agent, or how does one call a CIC agent.

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi,

His passport expires in 2023 and his last day at college was in Aug 2017.
Also, he had attached the letter by the dean which states that this 1 year degree is equivalent to 2 years and thus 3 year PGWP should be given.

Also , he is waiting for the review (the call center agent added notes on the case) and have asked my brother to call back in 12 days.
I am also reading in this forum about reapply of work permit ? does anybody know how to do so ?

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hello please can you hel[ me with the contact of CIC agent, or how does one call a CIC agent.
Just call the toll free number and follow the instruction to speak to agent.
PS Number are different when you call from Canada and outside Canada.

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Guys, I really need your help in this matter,
Today he logged in his profile and could see new online application initiated with creation date of 5th Nov 8:40 Am.
I am sure, he didnt create it,
Can somebody tell me if this is reapply and we have to submit all the documents again?

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
He reapplied the application with help from his college. And second time they gave him 3 year visa. He did put in that everybody from his class got 3 year visa as a letter from college in his application