+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm completing an application for PGWP Extension (my current PGWP was issued to the expiry date of my passport). I just have a quick question regarding question 3 on the IMM5710e form. There are only 4 options to choose from:
- Apply for a work permit with the same employer
- Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
- Restore my status as a worker
- Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

I know it's not restore or new temporary resident permit....I think it's "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer"? It just seems weird to me since this is an extension request and not a new permit. Please help me if you were in the same situation and successfully applied for an extension. Thanks a lot!

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm completing an application for PGWP Extension (my current PGWP was issued to the expiry date of my passport). I just have a quick question regarding question 3 on the IMM5710e form. There are only 4 options to choose from:
- Apply for a work permit with the same employer
- Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
- Restore my status as a worker
- Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

I know it's not restore or new temporary resident permit....I think it's "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer"? It just seems weird to me since this is an extension request and not a new permit. Please help me if you were in the same situation and successfully applied for an extension. Thanks a lot!
Hello,
I have the same issue. Can you let me know if it has been noted on your PGWP that you can extend it? Or did you receive any note from IRCC? My PGWP is less than 3 years, and the expiry date matches with my passport expiration. But I didn’t receive any note that I can apply for an extension. Can I still apply for the extension?
can you also let me know if you applied online or on paper?
I’d appreciate your help.

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
Hello,
I have the same issue. Can you let me know if it has been noted on your PGWP that you can extend it? Or did you receive any note from IRCC? My PGWP is less than 3 years, and the expiry date matches with my passport expiration. But I didn’t receive any note that I can apply for an extension. Can I still apply for the extension?
can you also let me know if you applied online or on paper?
I’d appreciate your help.
It’s noted on my old PGWP that the PGWP was issued to passport expiry date. I applied on paper!