+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp extension

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Nice to hear. Thanks for the response. I also filed an extension last week via paper. I'm planning to link it next month.
One more thing, when you go over the linking process, did u enter your current passport details?
Yes, I entered my new passport.

Reactions: psyduck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI everyone!

I got eligible today to apply PR under CEC program and I know the draws are not out but I am creating my profile .I have following questions if anyone can answer that would be great.

1. My PGWP expires in April 2022, I have not applied for PR yet but I just want to know that would I be able to apply for Extension of my work permit before its expiry and can I submit my PR application while waiting for the decision of my extension on work permit.

2. My WES evaluation has not been completed yet, it was required for the profile, do I need the ECA for profile completion as I completed rest of my profile

3. If I am able to apply for my PR in December I can apply for BOWP, if not able to apply in December then can I apply for BOWP after December or it should be 4 months before my PGWP expires and I apply for PR.

I would be glad if someone can provide me with some answers here.

Thank you
Why are you multiple posting? Wait for a response.

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I only got 1 year PGWP due to passport expiration. I applied for extension after renewing my passport. Got approved for an additional 2 yrs PGWP for a total of 3 yrs. When you apply for extension before expiration of current status document, you are on implied status.
Did u applied paper based or online we need to apply pgwp

Molly66

Jun 28, 2021
Here’s my timeline:

Received completion letter - end of May 2020
Applied for PGWP - 4th June 2020
SP expiration - 30th July 2020
PGWP approval - 21st September 2020 (validity until 30th September 2021, same as passport expiration)
Applied for passport renewal - February 2021
Received new passport - March 2021
Applied for PGWP extension - April 2021 (paper application)
PGWP extension approved - May 2021 (validity until 21st September 2023)
Hi. I’m about to file my Pgwp extension. I’m confused with website saying most people should apply online unless it is not working. But everyone seems to be applying by paper . Kindly help what’s the right way

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi. I’m about to file my Pgwp extension. I’m confused with website saying most people should apply online unless it is not working. But everyone seems to be applying by paper . Kindly help what’s the right way
I made the application online but just seeing people who applied online got rejected, I reapplied on paper.

aghaghi19

Apr 28, 2022
I made the application online but just seeing people who applied online got rejected, I reapplied on paper.
Hi,
have you heard back from your online application?
I did the same like you... not sure should I send them a webform regarding my online application?

Thank you

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi,
have you heard back from your online application?
I did the same like you... not sure should I send them a webform regarding my online application?

Thank you
No Not yet actually, it has been 4 months. What about you?