+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi,

I got 2 years and 2 months on my PGWP because of my passport expiry date. But now my passport has been renewed. Can anybody guide me to how to extend my PGWP?

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
I have the same issue.
I renewed my passport and not my PGWP. My work permit is valid until August 2019. can i travel out of Canada and come back in this period.?

your suggestions will help us.

Thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
In addition to PGWP you need a valid TRV to come back into Canada so if your TRV is still valid yes you can travel & come back.

If TRV is expired you need to apply for a new one otherwise you cant come back.

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

I have a valid TRV untill August 2019. My work permit shows my old passport number.
I need travel out of Canada. am worried that my new passport is not linked to my work permit.

I thought of applying to extension of my work permit in May 2019 after my travel (as i still have 4 months for the expiry)
Does immigration officer stop me for not linking my new passport to my old TRV and work permit...?

Do i need t apply for extension and go on my vacation.?

which is better..?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As long as they are still valid you dont need to do anything just because you got a new passport, you just need to travel with both old/new passports.

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

kvakumar

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you Bongoman.

can i go to flagpole before expiry(90 days before expiry), to extend my workpermit....or should i apply online?
i will be back next month and i will have 90 days before it expires.