+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension while Visitor visa still pending

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hello everyone, please help me
My friend's PGWP has expired 88 days ago. Before the expiry date, he applied for Visitor visa to remain in Canada.
The ''Apply for an open work permit under a new policy'' was launched after he sent his Visitor visa application
Do you think my friend should go ahead and apply to extend his PGWP right now? - within 90 days from the PGWP expiry date
(if he does, he will have 2 applications at the same time, is this possible?)
or he should wait until the decision on his Visitor visa has been made then apply to extend his PGWP? (this might pass 90 days of status restoration )
Thank you :)

AiT87

Apr 14, 2021
My friend's PGWP has expired 88 days ago. Before the expiry date, he applied for Visitor visa to remain in Canada.
The ''Apply for an open work permit under a new policy'' was launched after he sent his Visitor visa application
Do you think my friend should go ahead and apply to extend his PGWP right now? - within 90 days from the PGWP expiry date
or he should wait until the decision on his Visitor visa has been made then apply to extend his PGWP? (this might pass 90 days of status restoration )
He can still apply for the pgwp with restoration. And write a letter to explain his situation that he us waiting for his visitor record application. To make sure he call the IRCC and ask how to apply. I did so and they told me apply with restoration.
FYI, since this is a public policy the might remove it anytime, so it’s better to apply sooner.

vj_viju

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
WhiteHorse/Calgary
App. Filed.......
06-05-2021
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Request
18-08-2022
Med's Done....
06-09-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2022
LANDED..........
09-10-2022
You can apply Pgwp, if ur pgwp expired for more than 90days you should apply pgwp + restoration. If not only pgwp extension application.

Cheers