+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension: What to reply?

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I recently got an e mail from IRCC that I qualify for the special measure PGWP extension. But my address on the file is incorrect. I am confused about how do I reply to them as they seem to have miss the part after "by following these instructions:".

I fear that replying "OPT OUT" would mean that I am not accepting a longer work permit. Here is the email below. Please let me know if this makes sense to you.

In most cases, we will mail you a new work permit at your mailing address above.
Please do not contact us unless any of the following conditions apply to you:
• You now reside outside of Canada,
• The address on this letter is incorrect, or
• You do not accept the offer of a longer work permit

If any of the three conditions above apply to you, you must let us know before August 19, 2022 at this email. Please write: "OPT OUT: Full name, date of birth (YYY/MM/DD) and UCI" in the subject line of your email.

Please note that you must be physically in Canada to be eligible for this work permit. If you are not physically present in Canada and do not let us know, it may be considered misrepresentation and you may be deemed inadmissible to Canada for a period of 5 years.

If you meet any of the conditions above but you still want a work permit, you must submit a full application by following these instructions:

Please do not reply to this message or contact us at the email address below. This inbox is not monitored. If you email this address for any reason, you will be automatically removed from our list of applicants who are eligible to be mailed a new work permit. This will ensure that we can provide new work permits as fast as possible.

cd00

Nov 16, 2022
I received the email in August about 18 months extension to the pgwp. My last pgwp expired October 19th. So I expected the extension in the mail by mid October. I haven't received it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I can't find any way to contact ircc, apart from webforms- to which I haven't had any reply. I have the interim work permit until may 2023. I don't know if I can leave canada and return to work with just that and the ETA. Any advice appreciated.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I received the email in August about 18 months extension to the pgwp. My last pgwp expired October 19th. So I expected the extension in the mail by mid October. I haven't received it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I can't find any way to contact ircc, apart from webforms- to which I haven't had any reply. I have the interim work permit until may 2023. I don't know if I can leave canada and return to work with just that and the ETA. Any advice appreciated.
I am in the exact same situation mate. I had replied with OPT OUT and eventually called IRCC agents to confirm if they've changed my address. They did confirm and said I need to wait and keep checking my mail as I'd receive my new permit any day now. Haven't received anything so far. The lack of transparency from IRCC is really an inconvenience.