+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension under implied status

alex.g

Jan 28, 2021
My PGWP expired in Nov. 2020 and I applied for VR before the expiry date of my WP to stay longer. The decision hasn't been made and it seems like I have to wait for at least 3 months more. (Currently implied status)
Is implied status considered a temporary resident status? I want to know if I can apply now. :(

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
I have a question once we launch open work permit (Pgwp expired ) under pubic policy. Do we get any authorization from IRCC to start job immediately with any employer or do we need to wait until OWP application gets approved.? ..Any idea..??? .In case of LMIA work permit IRCC giving authorization to start with employer under public policy

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
My PGWP expired in Nov. 2020 and I applied for VR before the expiry date of my WP to stay longer. The decision hasn't been made and it seems like I have to wait for at least 3 months more. (Currently implied status)
Is implied status considered a temporary resident status? I want to know if I can apply now. :(
You need to restore until you have no status in hand.

I have a question once we launch open work permit (Pgwp expired ) under pubic policy. Do we get any authorization from IRCC to start job immediately with any employer or do we need to wait until OWP application gets approved.? ..Any idea..??? .In case of LMIA work permit IRCC giving authorization to start with employer under public policy
I believe we will not be allowed to work until our PGWP is approved.

Any senior member can put some more light to your question.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to wait until the PGWP is approved.

Reactions: Ryne26

Ryne26

Jan 27, 2021
No, that's a implied status until the desicion. If there is an approval, no need to restore the status, only in case of refusal you'd restore your status..
The person generally has no status in the country. You can call it implied but if the person want to apply for OWP under this new public policy, he has to pay to restore his status with his application. In addition, the system won’t let him go without paying 200$ unless he select future date from today in the initial questionnaire.