+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP (extension) - Sent to wrong address

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
I received the approval letter for the new PGWP extension policy announced in April. I received the approval letter last week mentioning that my WP has been mailed. I just noticed that the mailing address mentioned in that approval letter is an unknown address (to me) in Manitoba. I have no connection to Manitoba and live in Ontario. I firmly believe that it is an error on their end. What do I do? TIA

C.M.O

Aug 21, 2023
Hi there,

I don’t know if you will see this but I had to create an account to reply. The same thing happened to me when I opted in on April 7th. I stay in Winnipeg Manitoba and the address on my approval letter was from Montreal. I have no connection to Montreal QC. They sent an email admitting it was a technical error. After sending countless web forms, trying to reach someone on phone and trying to confirm my address unsuccessfully, I applied for replacement of immigration document today.

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Hello Hi,

So I also received the email regarding the technical error last month. I filled in the details online and my application got updated and approved again last week. They sent my PGWP this past week and I got it. If you filled in the online form under GCKey when they sent that email, I think you should be fine.

C.M.O

Aug 21, 2023
Oh really what does it look like please? I didn’t see any online form in my gc key account, or was it under “gc key” the one you see before you log in. I definitely got that email but I was almost losing my mind on where they wanted me to submit the correction.

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
It was there under gckey until the deadline they provided. Now it disappeared. The email states that if you miss the deadline, then you have to fill in a webform to update IRCC. Make sure you send a webform clearly explaining the circumstances.

C.M.O

Aug 21, 2023
Yeah I did and I just sent my Application to get a replacement document. It’s either I didn’t get the link you’re talking about or it was in a position where I missed it. Either way it’s fine now. Thanks for your reply.