1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Hello

I needed some information. My current pgwp expires on 28 October 2023. Recently i got a invitation from ircc to apply of pgwp extension according to new policy. My question is, if i apply right now will i loose my initial months uptill October? Or new work permit will be 6+ 18 months. That is remaining 6 months on current permit + new extension for 18 months?

Any inpute will be great

prasoonpawar

Nov 17, 2020
Hello

I needed some information. My current pgwp expires on 28 October 2023. Recently i got a invitation from ircc to apply of pgwp extension according to new policy. My question is, if i apply right now will i loose my initial months uptill October? Or new work permit will be 6+ 18 months. That is remaining 6 months on current permit + new extension for 18 months?

Any inpute will be great
Hello Parth,
When did you get the email from IRCC?

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
3-4 days back

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
You have until May 20th to opt in and the message on your account advises to apply as soon as possible, so I don't see any benefit in delaying it.

If you take a look at the instructions for people who can't opt in, it says "If your PGWP is still valid, the work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date your current PGWP expires or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. " I would assume the same policy will apply to people who go through the opt in process.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
You have until May 20th to opt in and the message on your account advises to apply as soon as possible, so I don't see any benefit in delaying it.

If you take a look at the instructions for people who can't opt in, it says "If your PGWP is still valid, the work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date your current PGWP expires or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. " I would assume the same policy will apply to people who go through the opt in process.
Hi

I received the email but on my login i cannot see opt-in , am i missing it?

My current pgwp expires July 15 23

I chose

Regular WP ext option and after answering all questions it's asking for form imm5710e and documents.

Not sure if am going the right direction?

Please help
Thanks

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi

I received the email but on my login i cannot see opt-in , am i missing it?

My current pgwp expires July 15 23

I chose

Regular WP ext option and after answering all questions it's asking for form imm5710e and documents.

Not sure if am going the right direction?

Please help
Thanks
I don't think you're in the right place, it should be down in the "Start an application" section there's an option called "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)".

All you need to do is provide your PGWP application number and confirm your passport/address info.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I don't think you're in the right place, it should be down in the "Start an application" section there's an option called "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)".

All you need to do is provide your PGWP application number and confirm your passport/address info.
I don't see that option,

I didn't receive any email which has my old address and passport details

Not sure why?

Emmanuellynks

Mar 12, 2018
I don't see that option,

I didn't receive any email which has my old address and passport details

Not sure why?
Also have the same issue.
I received a message regarding the work permit extension program 2023. I logged in my GCkey account to opt-in, but the link is not available on my dashboard.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Also have the same issue.
I received a message regarding the work permit extension program 2023. I logged in my GCkey account to opt-in, but the link is not available on my dashboard.
I just resolved it

Choose to link your pgwp application in your gckey account

Your application number and UCI will be there on your pgwp top right hand side

Once you link it successfully

The opt-in link will appear

Cheers

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all hope you doing good i got the approval letter for pgwp extension in my cic account yesterday but i am currently in India , i am travelling back to canadanext week and my physical WP has been mailed to canadian address so can i show my pgwp extension approval letter and my trv which is valid till 2028 to cbsa officer when i re enter canada?