+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension or Bridging work permit

Chennyttran

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hello,

I graduated last year in June 2019 and received my PGWP on October 2019 for 8 months because of my expiring passport. I studied bachelor degree in Canada, which should enable me to have 3 years of PGWP and I am eligible for extension after I renew my passport. I had sent in my renewal application online through cic website since February 22 2020 along with my new passport. My old pgwp will expire on June 8, 2020, to which I should have enough time for them to process my application. However, today I read on the cic website that the pgwp renewal must be sent by paper only. Do I have to send in another paper application? Will I be charge twice ( I already paid for the online application)? If my online application for pgwp renewal somehow goes through, will they automatically cancel my paper ones and refund the money if they already charge me for it?
My husband also got invited to apply for permanent resident under express entry. Should I apply for a bridging work permit instead of sending another paper application for PGWP?
Thanks

Patel1780

Apr 23, 2020
Hi Chennyttran,

Did you send in a paper application? I’ve currently sent one in and I don’t know what the processing times are due to COVID19....