+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Online - Please HELP

yashshah0809

May 27, 2016
Hi All,

I am currently applying for PGWP Extension due to passport Expiry. Paper application currently is taking 120 days as opposed to online application which takes 30 days. Has anybody applied via online application and have received the PGWP extension successfully?

I was also initially planning for paper application but yesterday CIC agent told me to apply online?
Please provide your inputs. Thank You

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
capt.nemo said:
Hi. How did you do it? Do you have a LMIA?
if you read the OP the PGWP was an extension due to passport expiry being less than what the OP would have qualified for. This is the only time a PGWP itself can be extended just as a result of passport expiry date being less than PGWP expectation at time of original issue.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bs65 said:
if you read the OP the PGWP was an extension due to passport expiry being less than what the OP would have qualified for. This is the only time a PGWP itself can be extended just as a result of passport expiry date being less than PGWP expectation at time of original issue.
Yes - that's exactly what happened. It's clear from the OP's first post. The PGWP was extended because the OP didn't get the full length the first time around due to passport expiry.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
yashshah0809 said:
Hi All,

I am currently applying for PGWP Extension due to passport Expiry. Paper application currently is taking 120 days as opposed to online application which takes 30 days. Has anybody applied via online application and have received the PGWP extension successfully?

I was also initially planning for paper application but yesterday CIC agent told me to apply online?
Please provide your inputs. Thank You
Hi yash,

Tried sending you a message but your inbox is full. If you're able to let me know what your email address is so we can talk through that method instead that would be awesome. I'm submitting my application this week so I would appreciate if you could help me out.

Thanks a lot!!

saiash

Sep 17, 2013
Hi Yash Shah 0809,

Did you apply for extending the PGWP after passport renewal through Online since CIC agent are saying to apply through Paper? Which is the correct method to follow? How long it took you to get the PGWP renewal?

A1311r

Sep 16, 2016
I have graduated last year and working full time since January. I have applied for my PNP in Manitoba and expecting to get it approved by the end of this month. My PGWP is expiring on October 4. What documents i will need to apply for extension? Is there any way i can apply for a open work permit?