+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp extension interim email, can i travel inside and out?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi,

I am currently in Canada with ETA and working with the interim email IRCC sent.
I want to know if i am able to travel internationally with my ETA. Border officer seemed to have no problem when i entered with ETA and said i will work with the newly erected publuc policy.
Can anyone please reaffirm this?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
It depends on the officer if you have valid ETA and you prove you are allowed to work + have job contract+ place to stay etc you should be fine. your job is to convince officer to let you inside without an approved work permit.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
It depends on the officer if you have valid ETA and you prove you are allowed to work + have job contract+ place to stay etc you should be fine. your job is to convince officer to let you inside without an approved work permit.
Well i am working in Canada now with the interim email. I did come to Canada with a valid ETA and told to border officer that i intend to work after explaining them the public policy. I just need to travel outside for personal reasons.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Well i am working in Canada now with the interim email. I did come to Canada with a valid ETA and told to border officer that i intend to work after explaining them the public policy. I just need to travel outside for personal reasons.
From your post it sounds like you were already outside canada and came in through the border with this interm email? so should be same procedure as before.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
No i came before the interim email was sent out. At the border i just said I'll work and i showed the officer the public policy and they let me in despite the fact that i am on ETA.