+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension email not received

Canadian11

Jun 1, 2016
Hello everyone,

According to new public policy some international students will be able to get their work permit extended.
There are few different categories and I fall in category 1. That my PGWP will expire on or after oct 2022 to Dec 2022.
In this case if everything is up to date we do not have to do anything. Just wait for email from IRCC confirming the address and PP number. And new work permit will be mailed automatically.
However I still haven’t received the mail with address confirmation. Only mail I received is on Aug 10, 2022 is for “interim work authorization”.
Since today is almost mid September.
Do I need to make a new application ? Is anyone else having this issue.
there is lot of contradicting info on IRCC website.

Sep 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

According to new public policy some international students will be able to get their work permit extended.
There are few different categories and I fall in category 1. That my PGWP will expire on or after oct 2022 to Dec 2022.
In this case if everything is up to date we do not have to do anything. Just wait for email from IRCC confirming the address and PP number. And new work permit will be mailed automatically.
However I still haven’t received the mail with address confirmation. Only mail I received is on Aug 10, 2022 is for “interim work authorization”.
Since today is almost mid September.
Do I need to make a new application ? Is anyone else having this issue.
there is lot of contradicting info on IRCC website.
Hi there even I haven't received any email from IRCC for address confirmation it's just the INTERIM WORK PERMIT I have received. I'm also confused whether we should apply online or just wait for this week?

Canadian11

Jun 1, 2016
Hi there even I haven't received any email from IRCC for address confirmation it's just the INTERIM WORK PERMIT I have received. I'm also confused whether we should apply online or just wait for this week?
I’m thinking to wait out this week. Hoping for the best. As I would have rather applied before and made my days counted. But frustrating

Sep 15, 2022
It is frustrating... and yeah that's right let's see this week. If you get anything please keep it posted as it gunna help me alot. Thank you.

ameame

Sep 16, 2022
Hello guys can someone tell me if you guys received the interim work email on your personal address directly or through the portal? I don't have access to may old email address and hope they didn't send it there

Sep 15, 2022
Hello guys can someone tell me if you guys received the interim work email on your personal address directly or through the portal? I don't have access to may old email address and hope they didn't send it there
I received the Interim work permit through email which they have on their file but not the confirmation email for pgwp extension

Canadian11

Jun 1, 2016
They sent the interim Work authorization in the email address linked to IRCC account. If you don’t have access to old account , you may want to change your email address on IRCC account and then may be call IRCC to find out if it can be sent again to your updated email address.

Anik94

Dec 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,
My PGWP will expire on November 2022. I have not received an email from IRCC to confirm my address and Passport Number. Also, I have not received any INTERIM WORK PERMIT Authorization. Please suggest to me what should I do.

Sep 15, 2022
Hello Everyone,
My PGWP will expire on November 2022. I have not received an email from IRCC to confirm my address and Passport Number. Also, I have not received any INTERIM WORK PERMIT Authorization. Please suggest to me what should I do.
My PGWP is expiring in Dec 2022 but I also haven't received the confirmation email just got the interim email. It's just we should wait for this week and then I believe we should apply through online option.

Anik94

Dec 28, 2021
My PGWP is expiring in Dec 2022 but I also haven't received the confirmation email just got the interim email. It's just we should wait for this week and then I believe we should apply through online option.
Thanks for the info. Lets hope for the best.

Canadian11

Jun 1, 2016
Has anyone received it yet? Still Waiting and afraid as to why I haven't yet.
I still haven’t received any email or any other information. I was reading on Reddit about this and a lot of people still haven’t got this email from IRCC. Not sure what to do at this point.

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Still waiting here. I bet they are gonna issue emails about passport and address update/confirmation later and apologize for delay.