+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension COVID 19.

zizi911

May 20, 2020
Hi friends,

I have a question regarding my PGWP that going to expire soon due to passport expiration.

I applied to renew my passport on February, My passport had been issued in the the home country but, Due to COVID19 and travels ban. The embassy in Canada did not get it yet.

Should I applied for PGWP extension with my old passport information and explain that in the LOE? or should I wait for the new passport first?

My concern is that I don’t want to get refused and have to reapply again and pay the fees twice. (I am applying for SOWP as well)

Any Idea? similier experience?

Thank you all in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi friends,

I have a question regarding my PGWP that going to expire soon due to passport expiration.

I applied to renew my passport on February, My passport had been issued in the the home country but, Due to COVID19 and travels ban. The embassy in Canada did not get it yet.

Should I applied for PGWP extension with my old passport information and explain that in the LOE? or should I wait for the new passport first?

My concern is that I don’t want to get refused and have to reapply again and pay the fees twice. (I am applying for SOWP as well)

Any Idea? similier experience?

Thank you all in advance!
1. You need a valid passport to apply otherwise the application will be refused.

zizi911

May 20, 2020
Hi All, to whoever reading this, I have applied with my old passport and attached LOE. as soon as I received my new passport I uploaded it through web form and my application was approved . good luck all !