+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension - Can you apply online?

asif.ahmed

Jan 15, 2017
Hey guys,

So i have the same issue like a lot of people, my PGWP was issued till my passport expiry. I just got it renewed and I have till may on my PGWP. But I am eligible till August 2018.

I have heard you have to send in a physical application in this case. Is this true? If not, does anyone have any idea how to online? Everytime I try to do so it tells me I need a TRV not a work permit. Frustrating.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asif.ahmed said:
Hey guys,

So i have the same issue like a lot of people, my PGWP was issued till my passport expiry. I just got it renewed and I have till may on my PGWP. But I am eligible till August 2018.

I have heard you have to send in a physical application in this case. Is this true? If not, does anyone have any idea how to online? Everytime I try to do so it tells me I need a TRV not a work permit. Frustrating.
Yes you can apply online i have a friend who was in same situation as you, he applied online even after many people had suggested him not to and he got his extended !

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
My wife needed to remove conditions on PGWP and we tried to apply online but couldn't find online option.
And called call centre, they said PGWP is one time only so cannot apply online for replacement or renewal and suggested to submit paper application.

We submitted paper application and took about 4 months to receive new one.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
I applied online and I got it too.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asif.ahmed said:
Hey guys,

Technically, you cannot extend a PGWP, as it's issued once in a lifetime, but you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), if you receive an ITA from Express Entry or nomination from a PNP. We have several threads on this forum which contains many valuable info. Check them out.

OMG_Chakromakro said:
Yes you can apply online i have a friend who was in same situation as you, he applied online even after many people had suggested him not to and he got his extended !
Why would someone suggest that? no one in their right mind would go with paper route application if they have the option to apply online.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Technically, you cannot extend a PGWP, as it's issued once in a lifetime, but you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP), if you receive an ITA from Express Entry or nomination from a PNP. We have several threads on this forum which contains many valuable info. Check them out.

Why would someone suggest that? no one in their right mind would go with paper route application if they have the option to apply online.
DID YOU READ HIS POST ?
Hey guys,

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
DID YOU READ HIS POST ?
I did, that's why I'm asking you why would someone suggested your friend not to submit the BOWP online.

adhdzen

Aug 5, 2023
Hi a
Hey guys,

Hi, did you figure this out? Im in the same boat, when I try to apply to change conditions of work permit, it just tells me to apply for TRV.