+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP-Extension , at the Boder

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Hello folks, I applied for PGWP Extension (From Inside Canada)on Jan 17th, 2022 using a PNP nomination work support letter from my employer, as of June 2nd, it has been 136 days and no news of new work permit. I cannot wait for the new Public Policy of open work permit.

I have to fly out of the country on 14th June, Is there a possibility that I can go to any of the Canadian border and get my work permit ?

Is there any possibility ?

Please suggest

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
They don't extend it at the border, I already called them for an extension of PGWP due to passport renewal. Maybe it changes from border to border

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
They don't extend it at the border, I already called them for an extension of PGWP due to passport renewal. Maybe it changes from border to border
okay have you got an extension yet ?

When did you apply?

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
No I

No I didn't get it but I applied on January 25
okay I applied on Jan 17th and I am only inquiring about border because I have travel out of country on 14th Jun e and If I dnt get a work permit by then I will loose my status which means .. my job... my nomination and my PR file as well

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
okay I applied on Jan 17th and I am only inquiring about border because I have travel out of country on 14th Jun e and If I dnt get a work permit by then I will loose my status which means .. my job... my nomination and my PR file as well
Looks pretty risky. Better if you call them before and try to convince. Are you on implied status?

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Yes, I have tried to reach out to them multiple times and the response is the same, " Wait for the decision"

Yes, nut implied is now called as "Temporary Resident"

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Yes, I have tried to reach out to them multiple times and the response is the same, " Wait for the decision"

Yes, nut implied is now called as "Temporary Resident"
That's really sad. I don't understand why they are not trying to help people. There are not that much of people who ask for PGWP extension.

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
That's really sad. I don't understand why they are not trying to help people. There are not that much of people who ask for PGWP extension.
I have leave on 14th June (that would be 148th day of application of PGWP Ext) and If I don't receive it by then I'll loose all my status