+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension and Implied Status

haxelfebl

Oct 25, 2021
Hello!
I am currently a Post-Graduation-Work-Permit holder, and I didn't get the full duration due to my passport expiry date.
After I renewed my passport, I submitted an on-paper application to extend my PGWP as soon as possible in August and I believe I have to apply through on-paper based on their website. However, I missed the open work permit holder fee by accident and the application package was returned to me a few days ago in October. I paid the additional fee and sent my package back immediately. However, because of this, I am very unlikely to get my work permit extended before my current PGWP expires (early December).
I wonder if I get an implied status since I submitted the application on paper? It is very unclear about the on-paper application because I don't seem to get a processing number until they start processing it (unlike online application), which seems to take at least 2 months. In addition, I got an application number (related to paying additional fee) after receiving my returned application package, would having this application number makes my process faster?
Thank you in advance.

haxelfebl

Oct 25, 2021
Hello!
I am currently a Post-Graduation-Work-Permit holder, and I didn't get the full duration due to my passport expiry date.
After I renewed my passport, I submitted an on-paper application to extend my PGWP as soon as possible in August and I believe I have to apply through on-paper based on their website. However, I missed the open work permit holder fee by accident and the application package was returned to me a few days ago in October. I paid the additional fee and sent my package back immediately. However, because of this, I am very unlikely to get my work permit extended before my current PGWP expires (early December).
I wonder if I get an implied status since I submitted the application on paper? It is very unclear about the on-paper application because I don't seem to get a processing number until they start processing it (unlik
showbox speed test

e online application), which seems to take at least 2 months. In addition, I got an application number (related to paying additional fee) after receiving my returned application package, would having this application number makes my process faster?
Thank you in advance.
issue got solvedd

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
issue got solvedd
Hi, have you got your PGWP extended? How long did it take? I applied in December (on paper because of passport expiry as well) and I know it's gonna take a long time, but just want to know in general, how long the paper application takes

Krisha4488

Nov 27, 2018
Hi, have you got your PGWP extended? How long did it take? I applied in December (on paper because of passport expiry as well) and I know it's gonna take a long time, but just want to know in general, how long the paper application takes
[/QUOTE
hi when did you get your approval and how did you link your application to the account?

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
No I didn’t get approval yet since I applied in December. I think it’s gonna be long before they look at my application. I was able to link the application to my online account using my passport and UCI