+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP EXTENSION 2022 UNDER NEW POLICY

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

Need your insights on my application.
While applying for PGWP extension under the new policy there is question that asks:

Choose the option that best describes your status in Canada.

1. I have valid temporary residence status in Canada

2. I have lost my temporary status in the last 90 days

3. I have lost my temporary status more than 90 days.

As a side note it is said, you have valid temporary resident status if you have a valid work permit, study permit, visitor record or temporary resident permit.
I am confused what to answer in my case. My PGWP got expired in July, and I also applied for an open work permit extension. So basically, I am currently in maintained status and have not lost my status till the decision is made.

Does maintained status count as a valid temporary residence status ? which option do i need to select in my situation

Last edited:

Punia80536

Nov 28, 2017
Looking for same mine got expired on march 19 /2022.Before it expire i already applied for a visitor record so technically i am on maintained status.There is no such type of option on question asked during the renew of work permit under new policy.It forced to apply for restoration.

ShinyHaley

Aug 3, 2022
It feels like number 1.. your new status is still going on..
However, I am not sure if it's for July, that means number 2.... It's super confused...

Punia80536

Nov 28, 2017
It feels like number 1.. your new status is still going on..
However, I am not sure if it's for July, that means number 2.... It's super confused...
That is not the case because I have converted my status form worker to visitor and the application is still in progress.I am on implied status, so there is no option for us in this policy.I think we just move on with the previous status and file the application.

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
So, in the IMM 5710 form there is question "What is your current country of residence" . In addition, it asks us to put the dates i.e. FROM and TO. Should I put the expiry date of my PGWP or the date in the WP-EXT PGWP letter in the TO column. Since we are in implied status what are you going to do in that case?

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
Hi All,

Can you please assist me in below case,

I have received an email from IRCC regarding an interim work permit and i am eligible for owp which will be received by mid of October. has anyone over here received an owp over a mail under pgwp 2022 extension policy.

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
Hi All,

Can you please assist me in below case,

I have received an email from IRCC regarding an interim work permit and i am eligible for owp which will be received by mid of October. has anyone over here received an owp over a mail under pgwp 2022 extension policy.
I did receive the same interim WP mail two days back. But my Initial WP was only issued until passport expiry, I already have one PGWP extension application submitted with a new passport since this June. But under this policy, I am falling into the category of people whose passports are expiring
before April 2024. Just FYI, my current WP is expiring in December 2022. According to the interim, I can be allowed to work till May 2023 or the expiry of my new permit.
Since I got only 16 months of PGWP initially, I am supposed to get extra 20 months of PGWP. I ain't sure whether I will receive extra 18 months or 20 months now.

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
I did receive the same interim WP mail two days back. But my Initial WP was only issued until passport expiry, I already have one PGWP extension application submitted with a new passport since this June. But under this policy, I am falling into the category of people whose passports are expiring
before April 2024. Just FYI, my current WP is expiring in December 2022. According to the interim, I can be allowed to work till May 2023 or the expiry of my new permit.
Since I got only 16 months of PGWP initially, I am supposed to get extra 20 months of PGWP. I ain't sure whether I will receive extra 18 months or 20 months now.
Thank you for your reply....

I have got a job opportunity in PEI and currently i am in Ontario .. So Can i travel to PEI without a status ( I have applied for an extension of PGWP so my status is implied ) ..what documents they will ask me at airport

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

I have got a job opportunity in PEI and currently i am in Ontario .. So Can i travel to PEI without a status ( I have applied for an extension of PGWP so my status is implied ) ..what documents they will ask me at airport
There are no immigration check if you are travelling within Canada/Domestic traveller

HM94

Jun 27, 2022

I don't think, they would be asking for your residence proof if you're traveling domestically. You won't be going through immigration. All you need is identity proof to make this travel. Since you've already applied for an extension, you might have to get your address updated in that application once you move.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Immigration status isn’t checked when traveling domestically. The airlines are just looking for valid identification to board the airplane . Positive identification match

Reactions: prachiprabhu2824
Oct 10, 2020
Hi All,

I have applied for PGWP extension a few days back. My visa expired in Dec 2021 and I returned back to my home country. So I am restoring my status and applying for a new wp. While applying, I noticed imm5710 form was not present but instead there were imm 1295e, imm 5257b imm 5707 forms. Did I make a mistake or did everyone have the same forms?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Last edited:

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
Hi All,

I have applied for PGWP extension a few days back. My visa expired in Dec 2021 and I returned back to my home country. So I am restoring my status and applying for a new wp. While applying, I noticed imm5710 form was not present but instead there were imm 1295e, imm 5257b imm 5707 forms. Did I make a mistake or did everyone have the same forms?

Thank you for your reply in advance.
imm5257b_1 and imm5710e are the only two forms you will get