+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring!!

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hello All,

Can someone kindly answer the below for me:

I’m on pgwp which is expiring in August 28th, 2020. If I apply to extend my pgwp, what are the chances of it getting approved under current conditions?
I’m working and will complete 1 year in Feb, 2020. I was wondering if CRC could keep my application under process till Feb. If this happens, I will complete my 1 year of work and become eligible to apply PR under CEC.

Please help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I’m on pgwp which is expiring in August 28th, 2020. If I apply to extend my pgwp, what are the chances of it getting approved under current conditions?
I’m working and will complete 1 year in Feb, 2020. I was wondering if CRC could keep my application under process till Feb. If this happens, I will complete my 1 year of work and become eligible to apply PR under CEC.

Please help!!
A PGWP will only be approved if your original PGWP was not issued to its full duration. Meaning you qualified for a 3 year work permit (for example) but only recieved a 2.5 year work permit due to passport expiry.

If you apply to extend your PGWP and don't qualify for the extension, IRCC will generally reject your application as incomplete. If they do this, this means that any work experience gained after the expiry of your PGWP cannot be counted towards PR since it will be classified as work experience gained without authorization.

None of us can tell you how long the application will take to process.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello All,

Please help!!
Per your posting , you’re PGWP was only issued for one year, because you only completed a eight month course. So no, it won’t be extended

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-pnp-oinp-2020-discussion-join-here.671292/page-14#post-8471036

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-foreign-worker-stream-2020.676082/

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Thank you for your replies. Are there any other options for me at this point? Given the COVID situation and the situation in my home country(India) deteriorating by the day, would it be possible for me obtain an open work permit temporarily?

also, have other provinces apart from Ontario launched any other programs to keep up the immigration during COVID?

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I was actually issued an 8 month pgwp because my program lasted for 8 months. Can I dispute that and obtain a 12 month extended visa?