+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Can I stay Canada if I applied a visitor visa before my PGWP permit expires but the result of my visitor visa is not release yet? Am I considered on implied status?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You need to apply to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, not apply for a visitor visa.
And yes it gives you implied status and you can stay

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
You need to apply to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, not apply for a visitor visa.
And yes it gives you implied status and you can stay
Thanks for your response. I am a little bit confuse on this, my counterfoil visa was already expired Sep25th '18 but my Post Graduate Work Permit will be expiring Nov.20th '18? What will I apply or form to use to apply ? Is this the right form to use Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada (IMM 5710), but as what, as a visitor or as a worker?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
There is no extension for PGWP, so what have you applied for so far to be on implied status should be PR or something else. So you would use 5710 to change as visitor

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
There is no extension for PGWP, so what have you applied for so far to be on implied status should be PR or something else. So you would use 5710 to change as visitor
My consultant will be applying for me to extend my work permit (PGWP)while we are waiting for my LMIA. Can I also apply together with this application for visitor?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
My consultant will be applying for me to extend my work permit (PGWP)while we are waiting for my LMIA. Can I also apply together with this application for visitor?[/QUOTE
Not too sure about extend for the work permit but yes you can apply for visitor visa and it should be back before all others.