+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring Soon, please advise

Vamsee19

Jun 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am currently working in NOC A job and will get me 1 year of experience for CEC class express entry requirements, but I will only have 20 days left in my PGWP achieve 1560 hours I know I can still apply for PR under express entry but after 20 days my work permit will expire and I have no LMIA for my job so I cannot apply for a closed work permit. what are the options after entering the pool to keep working? should i change it to visitor visa or apply for a work permit extension? what if I could find an employer that is willing to provide me with an LMIA in the last 20 days and apply for a closed work permit? or any other options that I could exercise. please advise

PSA - I am not eligible for PGWP extension under the public policy as mine is expiring in Feb 2023

Thank you

Reactions: Rong and Fabiog

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Aren't you eligible for the new 2022 PGWP extension?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am currently working in NOC A job and will get me 1 year of experience for CEC class express entry requirements, but I will only have 20 days left in my PGWP achieve 1560 hours I know I can still apply for PR under express entry but after 20 days my work permit will expire and I have no LMIA for my job so I cannot apply for a closed work permit. what are the options after entering the pool to keep working? should i change it to visitor visa or apply for a work permit extension? what if I could find an employer that is willing to provide me with an LMIA in the last 20 days and apply for a closed work permit? or any other options that I could exercise. please advise

PSA - I am not eligible for PGWP extension under the public policy as mine is expiring in Feb 2023

Thank you
You should check pnp options or find an employer that will give you lmia right now! don't wait until February.

Vamsee19

Jun 29, 2019
Thank you. will do. will start looking for PNP options Alberta expresses entry PNP Has a cutoff of 300. so i think i could qualify for that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. will do. will start looking for PNP options Alberta expresses entry PNP Has a cutoff of 300. so i think i could qualify for that
If you are working in Alberta, this is definitely an option for you.

mdeep0110

Nov 6, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. Did you find any option. Mine expires Feb 2023 too. I am so scared.

mdeep0110

Nov 6, 2022
Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. Did you find any option. Mine expires Feb 2023 too. I am so scared.

Duygu1.

Jan 14, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
Hello Vamsee19,

My PGWP is expiring on 1st Feb 2023. What did you decide to do? I am thinking about applying for an extension of my PGWP. I know there is no extension of PGWPs normally. But I'm planning to write a letter and explain why I need it. Please let me know what did you do.

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Hello Vamsee19,

My PGWP is expiring on 1st Feb 2023. What did you decide to do? I am thinking about applying for an extension of my PGWP. I know there is no extension of PGWPs normally. But I'm planning to write a letter and explain why I need it. Please let me know what did you do.
You know the new application will be refused, which the maintained status will only buy you a couple of months of time max then you'll be out of status.

Letter of explanation will have no use is extending this WP, probably apply for a visitor record now or you'll need to restore your status later on!

Unfortunately afaik getting AOR during maintained status will not be qualified for BOWP because one will need a valid WP for BOWP

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
You know the new application will be refused, which the maintained status will only buy you a couple of months of time max then you'll be out of status.

Letter of explanation will have no use is extending this WP, probably apply for a visitor record now or you'll need to restore your status later on!

Unfortunately afaik getting AOR during maintained status will not be qualified for BOWP because one will need a valid WP for BOWP
hello. Mine will expire on september 2023. If i dont get invitation by then, which one should I apoply? TRV, visitor record or visa? I am confused. Also, does it need proof of funds for that?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
hello. Mine will expire on september 2023. If i dont get invitation by then, which one should I apoply? TRV, visitor record or visa? I am confused. Also, does it need proof of funds for that?
Get a Visitor Record (a letter sized paper like your WP) to maintain your status

TRV is the sticker in your passport to let you go through immigration checkpoints

You DO need proof of funds for Visitor Record, last couple months of bank statements / pay slips / NOA from CRA

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Get a Visitor Record (a letter sized paper like your WP) to maintain your status

TRV is the sticker in your passport to let you go through immigration checkpoints

You DO need proof of funds for Visitor Record, last couple months of bank statements / pay slips / NOA from CRA
I have more than 20k in my bank account. Can I just use that as proof of funds for VR?