RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one,

My PGWP is expiring soon in 11 days from now. I am at 461 points. I didnt apply for study permit again. Waiting to put up paper application for WP extension before the expiry but surely it gonna get rejected. 117 days for processing time for paper applications. Is there any other way that can help me with the present condition.Please advice.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
RAKII said:
Hi every one,

My PGWP is expiring soon in 11 days from now. I am at 461 points. I didnt apply for study permit again. Waiting to put up paper application for WP extension before the expiry but surely it gonna get rejected. 117 days for processing time for paper applications. Is there any other way that can help me with the present condition.Please advice.
There is new regulation for implied status. You need to be aware of that.

RAKII

Jan 25, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
There is new regulation for implied status. You need to be aware of that.
What was it? can u provide me a detailed info or link i can go through?

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
RAKII said:
What was it? can u provide me a detailed info or link i can go through?
Hello friend,

Please find the link here "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp".

Check this link and make your decisions accordingly. Check with CIC call centre and other experts in this forum about WP extension for paper application.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But can you in fact extend a PGWP if for example at the maximum and can you be on implied status if sitting at 461 ?

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bs65 said:
But can you in fact extend a PGWP if for example at the maximum and can you be on implied status if sitting at 461 ?
PGWP is one time thing, it is what it is, cannot be altered in anyway.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can extend PGWP IFF
- your initial PGWP was limited due to your passport expiry date

For instance if you are entitled to 3 years PGWP
but you only got 1 year because your PP expires in 1 year,
you can extend your PGWP.

However, it doesn't seem like that's the case for OP.

At this point, when you know your PGWP will get rejected, I suggest you to go back to your home country
and hope that your score triggers an ITA or apply for PNP if it's still open.

CV0904

Jun 24, 2016
djshshajtm said:
You can extend PGWP IFF
- your initial PGWP was limited due to your passport expiry date

For instance if you are entitled to 3 years PGWP
but you only got 1 year because your PP expires in 1 year,
you can extend your PGWP.

However, it doesn't seem like that's the case for OP.

At this point, when you know your PGWP will get rejected, I suggest you to go back to your home country
and hope that your score triggers an ITA or apply for PNP if it's still open.
Yes you are right. Mine is expiring on July 11, 2016. I'm waiting on nomination from Ontario. ITA looks far as my CRS is 458, but u never know. I applied for visitor month ago to keep my status legal in Canada.Still waiting for response. Is there any way I can extend my WP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CV0904 said:
Yes you are right. Mine is expiring on July 11, 2016. I'm waiting on nomination from Ontario. ITA looks far as my CRS is 458, but u never know. I applied for visitor month ago to keep my status legal in Canada.Still waiting for response. Is there any way I can extend my WP?
You can extend if you have an approved LMIA.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination (Human Capital Priorities Stream) has been stopped for the year 2016.
There will be no nomination until Nov 2016.

If getting PR is any importance to your life, you should think about the record that CIC has on you.
Any illegal activities or violation towards immigration laws might bite back when you are given a chance.

If you cannot apply for LMIA visa, then no. PGWP is once in a life thing and cannot be extended.
Score of 458 is not bad, but recent trend is that you need at least 485. You are correct that we never know.
But we know for sure, that atm, you cannot extend your permit.

It is kind of late as well. Your permit will expire in less than 2 weeks and you're asking
how you can extend your permit now??? ::) ::)

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
To extend PGWP you would need LMIA to get a closed work permit from the LMIA employer, or else get ITA, submit eAPR and apply for BOWP, or get a PNP and apply for BOWP, all before the current WP expires or its not applicable for a bridging permit