+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring in April 2023 || CEC || CRS SCORE 465

Nov 2, 2022
Hello All,

I am currently in the express entry pool in CEC category with CRS score of 465. It’s been more than 2 years I finished my Master’s and (approximately 32 months) Currently I have 17 months of experience as software engineer. My PGWP expires in April 2023 on exact same day I get 2 years of experience. I am working in Ontario and job is based in Ontario. Not really planning to move to other provinces.
Could I get any suggestions on how to extend my PGWP or get an open work permit, as I know there is none that exists or I am qualified. Other than asking my employer for LMIA, is there any other options. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I am currently in the express entry pool in CEC category with CRS score of 465. It’s been more than 2 years I finished my Master’s and (approximately 32 months) Currently I have 17 months of experience as software engineer. My PGWP expires in April 2023 on exact same day I get 2 years of experience. I am working in Ontario and job is based in Ontario. Not really planning to move to other provinces.
Could I get any suggestions on how to extend my PGWP or get an open work permit, as I know there is none that exists or I am qualified. Other than asking my employer for LMIA, is there any other options. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
You can’t extend a PGWP or apply for an open permit. If you want to continue working you need a) EE ITA apply and then once you have AOR, apply for an open work permit, b) get OINP nomination and then be eligible to apply for work permit, c) get a LMIA from employer and apply for closed work permit.
Look at OINP streams for Masters.

Nov 2, 2022
Thank you for the reply.

I am already in the pool at 465 score but if I don’t land an ITA before April I will be out of country atleast have to stop working. OINP streams for graduate students should be that their date of graduation should be less than 2 years from date of applying. Mine is already more than 2 years, but I have sent out expression of interest. Not sure what to do further
You can’t extend a PGWP or apply for an open permit. If you want to continue working you need a) EE ITA apply and then once you have AOR, apply for an open work permit, b) get OINP nomination and then be eligible to apply for work permit, c) get a LMIA from employer and apply for closed work permit.
Look at OINP streams for Masters.

Flipz

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ask your employer for LMIA, I did and they got it for me. It takes a long time, so ask asap.

Rajan_7439

Jan 4, 2023
Hello All,

Thanks a lot.
Hey Karthik,

I am in the same boat. My PGWP also expires in April 2023. CRS is 478.. were you able to get a nomination certificate from province?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey Karthik,

I am in the same boat. My PGWP also expires in April 2023. CRS is 478.. were you able to get a nomination certificate from province?
What province are you working and living in? Check that province’s PNP requirements, and see if you are eligible.

Rajan_7439

Jan 4, 2023
What province are you working and living in? Check that province’s PNP requirements, and see if you are eligible.
I am in Toronto right now.. Working for a consulting company with head office in Markham.. the company meets all the requirement for oinp..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Toronto right now.. Working for a consulting company with head office in Markham.. the company meets all the requirement for oinp..
Don’t know what stream since there are around 9 OINP streams, but if your employer is willing to complete the paperwork and support your nomination then go for it.

Rajan_7439

Jan 4, 2023
Don’t know what stream since there are around 9 OINP streams, but if your employer is willing to complete the paperwork and support your nomination then go for it.
So if my employer fills the form, I can use that to submit an application. Once I get nominated will my crs increase in my EE profile automatically?